OCR01915 - Kirby 64 "Dark Matter"

djpretzel

I'm just glad to see Kirby 64! I was probably too old to admit to loving this game, but it was so much freaking fun. And the soundtrack was great! I agree with the artist, this boss was insane compared to the rest of the game.

I love how this remix exemplifies the hectic nature of that fight, while keeping that strange sound the Kirby soundtrack had. Very cool, very spastic, very "Boss".

Thanks for the remix!

Finally, something from Kirby64!!! And from PrototypeRaptor, too! :razz:

You did this really well! The source was completely recognizable, and it gave me memories of having to fight Miracle Matter over and over (and doing a horrible job too). This is one of those songs that hits you in the face... and then repeats it.

Thumbs up, man. Keep it up!

very happy to see a Kirby 64 mix, and what more it's of a boss theme! if there's one thing Jun Ishikawa excels at, it's writing stupid-awesome intense battle music. so, kudos for picking a great OST.

i must confess I'm not a big fan of this remix, unfortunately - it's not bad at all, just perhaps too repetitive or otherwise plain for my likes. one thing i think this suffers from is, rather than being an obvious remix, it instead has more of a vague similarity to the source tune and could easily pass as an original (had i not been told, i wouldn't have guessed it was a Miracle Matter remix) though I think this is largely out of your control with this source tune, there's not a lot of melodic content to work with, I think most of what is recognisable about the original track comes from the sounds. perhaps i'd have enjoyed it more if it incorporated some of the standard boss battle music as well, since the two tunes are alike and would fit well together in an arrangement. bah, critical ol' me.

i do however dig the drum programming starting around the 2:30 mark!

Oh my god.

I've always wanted a remix EXACTLY like this ever since I heard that people do remixes of video game tracks

AND HERE IT IS

I just wanna jizz my pants right now this is sooooo cash. I love it, it's everything I could have ever hoped for. Intense, fast, and friggin Kirby 64. I always loved Miracle Matter's theme, repetitive as it was, and this more then does it justice. PrototypeRaptor, you have made a young boys dream come true today.

Lol, Miracle Matter - while one of the toughest bosses in the game - wasn't as hard as apparently made out in the description.

That said, it's great to see Kirby 64 get some love out here - not only was one of the best games in the series IMO finally covered, but also one of my fave tracks from it, so I really gotta hand it to Prototype for getting the job done.

Yeah, I do admit that the genre selection is pretty obvious as someone else stated, but I still personally can't imagine this taken in any other direction, so I say this is nailed straight on the head here. That's just made the instant jump to my MP3 player :)

This is one of the two songs I have been waiting for someone to remix forever. And it was awesomely done... like if the entire battle was the same, but if Kirby had the Powers of the Flash for it instead.

Now someone has to do O2 (real final battle), and we're set.

I haven't logged on here in ages, but I am now just to say Thank You for the ReMix! I've been waiting for Kirby & the Crystal Shards mixes and this was certainly one I wanted to hear. This piece take the short, original source and runs with it - never could have imagined this going on for more than 4 minutes!

Dude.

I cannot believe how solidly this connects. My personal test for determine remix-y greatness is to play the game in question with the music. This passes that test fifty ways to Tuesday.

This is non-stop action - a pulse-pounding, no-holds-barred ReMix worthy of this (second-to) final boss. Everything fits - the strings, the synth solo...I imagine poor little Kirby comin' in, expecting a DeDeDe-esque fight...and, oh, dookie. It's freakin' Miracle Matter!

I have to agree with some of my fellow posters - this is a particularly music-heavy game, and I've always wondered why this game gets lost in the shuffle. Hopefully here, Prototype has opened the door for other ReMixers - a 02 ReMix with half the epicness of this would kerb-stomp.

Is that Vincent Price I hear at 4:13 and on? :D

Haha, yes, I was wondering if someone would pick that up - it most certainly is the one and only Mr. Price on the evil laugh.

Thanks everyone for all your comments and encouragements; for you kirby 64 fans keep an eye out - I've been working on one of the more requested tunes here for a while. It should be done next week or so...

until then, peace

Oh yes, PrototypeRaptor! Please give us more Kirby 64 remix goodness! I love the game and am so glad to see a remix of it finally on the site. You said it wonderfully in the submission email, Miracle Matter was the toughest part of the whole game. And he wasn't even the final boss! Every time I absorbed the correct power, he'd turn into something else. Grrr! He's actually more like Sybil than Dr. Lecter.

I love this. The original theme was already enough to get my adrenaline racing, but you've taken it to 11. And I recognized the Vincent Price laughter at the end as well. So yes, if you've got more Kirby 64 in the works, then I can't wait to hear them. I've actually got a few ideas myself. I'd love to remix the Shiver Star levels 2 and 4 and Neo Star level 4.

Also, love the Kirby "game over" sample at the very VERY end. Cheers!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01915 - Kirby 64 "Dark Matter"