OCR01915 - Kirby 64 "Dark Matter"

djpretzel

Thanks everyone for all your comments and encouragements; for you kirby 64 fans keep an eye out - I've been working on one of the more requested tunes here for a while. It should be done next week or so...

until then, peace

That right there just made my entire crappy night of studying for mid-terms infinitely better. Can't wait, man! Can't...freakin'...wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome to the max. You definitely nailed the style you were going for. Powerful, full of energy, everything else you might imagine that describes a kick in your butt.

Great breakdown around 2:30. The sound effects around 2:53 sound like early X-Files.

Love the Vincent Price laughter in the end (that's a damn classic right there), but I love even more what you did with it in the very end, when it all suddenly turns blippy.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Wow. This is really a coincidence. I really had no intention of reviewing by ReMixer, but going down the list of songs I wanted to review, it turns out I've been behind on a couple of PrototypeRaptor's stuff. And what amazing stuff it is. Drum and Bass Kirby is always welcome when it comes to bosses, especially when you go as hard and as intense as this. Top notch music, and throwing in the legendary Vincent Price laugh was the delightfully creepy cherry on top. I really do like that laugh. Ahahahahahahaha! :lol:

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Definitely gives the final boss of Kirby 64 the homage it deserves. Proto's compositions have always been considered heavy well executed and classic. In this track, I especially enjoyed the breakdown at the 2:30 mark with the higher end filters dominating. Drum and bass isn't really my thing, but this was certainly a refreshing listen until the distorted laugh around 4:10. I really need to stop watching "Gotham" before listening to songs with that kind of ending.

• 7 months later...

Man, I suppose, this is certainly the most dirty & face-melting D'n'B song on this site. The beat is just as kickin' as it can be, and the synths really give this mix dark atmosphere. The piano-laden breakdown with that tasty crunchy percussion @ 2:29 is especially cool, it really varies the darkness of this mix, making it a bit colder, if that makes sense. Very solid work!

• 8 months later...

the second that breakbeat came in a sinister smile spread across my face like a villain in a saturday morning cartoon. this song is a perfect fit for a kirby boss; it's chillingly evil in a way that makes you cower in admiration (and that game over jingle at the end was brilliant!!) great stuff :-D

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01915 - Kirby 64 "Dark Matter"