OCR01143 - *YES* F-Zero 'Silent Progression (Remastered)'

djpretzel

Hey,

A month or two ago, I posted an arrangement of the Silence theme from F-Zero on VGMix2. I didn't pay too much attention to mastering on the initial mix, so I thought that I should remaster it before submitting to OCR. I really didn't tweak it that much, I just took off the heavy reverb, did some more leveling and eq'd it a bit more.

As for the arrangement itself, this isn't as carefully and thoroughly executed as "Live From the Yggdrasil." I learned the changes to Silence, thought of some ideas, then just started recording. After a couple takes, I had come up with something I was satisfied with. The result is a rougher, more candid piano arrangement, with much more improvisation than my previous work.

I hope you enjoy it.

Game: F-Zero

Track: Silence

ReMix: Silent Progression (remastered)

ReMixer: JigginJonT

There's not much I can really say about this piece, aside from the fact that it's incredible. You really show off your virtosity on the piano in this piece. There's plenty of emotion and expressiveness that's absolutly necessary in piano pieces; this piece has it in spades.

I absolutly love the arrangement, and for me, the best part comes around 1:43. The flowing piano really gives a sense of liquid momentum; I can feel a lot of motion at that point. The way this arrangement changes and evolves is really something amazing.

Fantastic work.

YES