OCR02089 - *YES* Star Ocean: The Second Story 'Solitude in Arlia'

Palpable

pot_hocket (tekcoh_top)

michael lee

game: star ocean: the second story

theme of rena

hi all, it's been a while since I've made a remix that I was satisfied with enough to actually submit. there's not much new here in terms of style, but I'd say I've done a better job sticking to the original source material and post-editing it. It should also be louder in general, compared to my previous submissions. I hope you enjoy, and thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Source link

This is one of those instances where a breakdown doesn't make sense to me, so I won't bother with one. Mike uses the chords nearly throughout, along with the melodies and rhythms every now and then. Because of that, it felt like one fully connected piece and I never lost the source except in a couple places where Mike added original sections. I won't fault anybody for going NO on this for being too liberal - it probably uses <50% source melody - but I think it's perfectly fine as an arrangement.

I don't think this was your best performance or arrangement, Mike, but it was nice and produced well. I'm happy to say

YES

I agree that it definitely flows well with the original and new stuff. The Star Ocean second story soundtrack was one of the first game albums I ever purchased, so it has some good nostalgic memories for me, and though the main melody isn't always from and center, there is a lot of care put into making sure that some aspects are present throughout. I think a little extra obvious melody would make it easier on the juding process, but I personally think it's a pretty obvious arrangement.

Production and performance are great, and the arrangement passes as well.

yes

• 3 weeks later...