Mario is dead :(

Nekofrog

http://newsroom.mtv.com/2009/10/14/captain-lou-albano-dies/

For a whole generation of kids (my generation, to be specific), this guy WAS Mario. Or at least, a cheap imitation of Mario.

Lou Albando died today at 76. For years after the show went off the air, I could never see the guy anywhere else and not think DO THE MARIO!

w34631826.jpg

I thought he WAS dead. Who am I thinking of?

76 is a good age for a Professional Wrestler, especially one of that generation, to live to. I didn't know he was that old. Seems to have been a good man in real life too.

And I really thought those cheesy live segments were very very charming. :). I don't care how badly those shows have aged, you had to be there at that time and age to truly appreciate them like we did.

Edit: Also, I'd really consider changing the title here. Its very misleading.

I thought he WAS dead. Who am I thinking of?

76 is a good age for a Professional Wrestler, especially one of that generation, to live to. I didn't know he was that old. Seems to have been a good man in real life too.

And I really thought those cheesy live segments were very very charming. :). I don't care how badly those shows have aged, you had to be there at that time and age to truly appreciate them like we did.

Edit: Also, I'd really consider changing the title here. Its very misleading.

No. Fuck you.

I'm just saying my first thought when I read it was not Lou Albano, but maybe Nintendo was releasing a Mario game that was abominable or that Nintendo was abandoning Mario following some in-house crisis or, hell, that Miyamoto died.

I just thought some clarification in the title might in order, like "Mario is dead :( R.I.P. Lou Albano." I don't see the need for rude language.

My brother put all those episodes and shows on a disk for me for Christmas one year. I should dig that out, I haven't seen those episodes in like a year or two.

I didn't know he did the voice of Mario too, I thought he just did the live segments.

Can you imagine Super Mario 64 or any of the other Mario games today using Albano instead of Charles Martinet? Man, that would've been awesome.

Well, I guess the bet I had on LArry King being the next to be claimed by 2009 will be extended.\.

My money's on Clint Eastwood, personally.

RIP Lou. I might be too young to have seen him as a kid, but his version of Mario is just as iconic as all the rest in my eyes.