Rock Band Network -- Author your own songs, submit them to XBL Marketplace

Nekofrog

http://creators.rockband.com/

So here's what it is. If you are a band or an artist, you can download Reaper, a few plugins, and create your own charts for your song. You then can test it on your own 360 to see that it works, and submit it for placement on the XBL Rock Band marketplace.

There is a catch. I'm sure that it has to be ORIGINAL music only (no remixes), and it costs $99 a year.

I was wondering if there would be anyone interested in forming an online "group" to pitch in the costs and sub our own songs, or take it to the next level and have an online "band" where we collab on tracks and sub them to the marketplace.

Is there any interest in this at all? I'd be totally down for it.

Publicity is publicity. That's a lot of money for Joe Sixpack to get his little chiptune out, but if its successful, I see a lot of people using it for cheap advertising down the road.

Hell, if I ever find a time and place to get back on my collab with Nutritious, I'd sure as hell pay that. Track's almost 8 minutes long though. Do they have timestamp restrictions?

No idea.

My idea is to organize a group of 4-5 people to form a "band". We can sub one of our own songs from each of our backlogs, or, we can do the amazingly COOL thing and collab on some original awesome material and take the "online band" persona to a new level.

At $100 a year for an account, it would only be $20-$25 per person, depending. That is TOTALLY doable for most people.

Edit: Also, to be fair, the offer would have to be open only to proven musicians who can meet deadlines and not just say "oh, yeah... I'll get to it".

Also worth note is Rhythm Authors, a group that works with music authors to get their charts onto RBN. Essentially they're the "give us music and we'll make the chart" folks. I've known a lot of the people who got selected for this group for a long time, so I can vouch for them.

There's also the option of getting someone from OCR to do the charting and avoiding a third party, but I suppose the plausibility of that depends on who is interested (I am, for the record. I am just learning to use REAPER - the midi editor RBN charters use - and its specific uses, but I've been charting custom songs for some time now).