Left 4 Dead 2 Scam! Watch out!

The Damned

I got a message over Steam from another player I know, and it read like he was drunk or suddenly lost his ability to type normally.

Basically it was "sup, have u tried the Left 4 Dead beta yet? here's a link!" and then said link. For the sake of warning people, here it is, but don't bother with it:

http://www.nvidiaoffer.net.tc/

If you get it, it takes you to a site that looks just like the Steam Community page, but the address is actually the same as the above link. They want you to put in your account name and password, so it's a typical phishing scheme.

Just a heads up to anyone that might be a little lax or excited to be offered a beta spot in a game that is actually well past the beta stage.

I got a message over Steam from another player I know, and it read like he was drunk or suddenly lost his ability to type normally.

Basically it was "sup, have u tried the Left 4 Dead beta yet? here's a link!" and then said link. For the sake of warning people, here it is, but don't bother with it:

http://www.nvidiaoffer.net.tc/

If you get it, it takes you to a site that looks just like the Steam Community page, but the address is actually the same as the above link. They want you to put in your account name and password, so it's a typical phishing scheme.

Just a heads up to anyone that might be a little lax or excited to be offered a beta spot in a game that is actually well past the beta stage.

But...I have an ATI card. Even if it wasn't a scam, I'd still not qualify.

Thanks for the heads-up. You always lookin out for the little guy...

Hey, since you're so nice, u wanna try the Left 4 Dead beta? I got the link right here....