*NO* Crusader of Centy 'Firefall Swing'

Palpable

Hello,

here's some info on the re-arrangement I've done. I call it "Firefall Swing", refering to the landscape in the game during which the original song plays. There already is a game site for this game on OCReMix: http://www.ocremix.org/game/crusader-of-centy-gen/

I look forward to reading your evaluations on the forum. :)

Contact information:

Your ReMixer name: Locutus

Your real name: Christoph Boelitz

Your userid (number, not name) on our forums: Locutus

Submission information:

Name of game(s) arranged: Crusader of Centy (Soleil) for Sega Mega Drive (Genesis)

Name of individual song(s) arranged: Burn Daisy

Link to the original soundtrack: http://www.project2612.org/details.php?id=16

Thanks and regards,

C.Bölitz

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a chill arrangement. I really like the details you put into this, the different leads, the cowbell! I very much enjoyed listening to it. If this was the earlier days of the site, this would probably be a pass. Unfortunately, with the bar raised on production nowadays, I don't think the sax or muted trumpet leads really cut it. The other instruments could stand to be more realistic too, but those two are the must-fix ones IMO. If you want to really do this song a service, hit up some people on the forums for help recording live parts for those. Just go to our workshop (http://www.ocremix.org/workshop) and drill down to find people with the skills you need. With an arrangement this strong, you'd have a good chance of getting help. No matter which way you go about it, it'd be a shame not to send us another version of this.

NO (resubmit)

• 2 weeks later...

I love the arrangement, and I feel pretty rotten Noing this based on the sample quality of the leads, but even though they have a good amount of care put into them with modulation and velocities, they aren't really cutting it. :-(

The sax is more of an issue, i think, but that should also be easier to get a player for on OCR. The muted trumpet lacks character, but is just barely passable i'd say.

I really hope you will take the time to find a few horn players, because this arrangement is really nice, and the piano solo was excellent.

no

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely a pretty chill remix! Seems fairly conservative for the most part, but I believe multiple listens going back-and-forth from remix to source proved that it wasn't merely a cover.

In the interest of making this vote short and sweet while covering all the necessary info, it's a solid piece that definitely bears the critical flaw of low-quality and choppy lead instruments (sax and trumpet). This mix has a case of the "Circa 2003" going on, in that it would be accepted in a heartbeat back then, but today with the availability of some really top-notch soundware for even cheap/free, we like for prominent features of your music to not sound so choppy and sequenced. And of course, like my fellow Judges have said you can probably easily find someone who might even be able to record a live sax etc for you, so maybe try that.

That's really the only thing holding this mix out of the green, so please, touch those up, and send it on back (feel free to PM one of us if you like) and it should be able to get a pretty solid YES across the board I think.

RESUBMIT