OCR01154 - *YES* Linus Spacehead 'Space Drifter'

djpretzel

• 2 weeks later...

i like the bass patch, that's so 'autobahn'.

i'd prefer less reverb on the drums or a longer initial reverb delay because they don't sound as tight as they would be.

sometimes the pads seem a bit too pronounced and it's hard to focus on the melodic components.

anyways, those are just minor details, this is very passable mix!

yes

Shariq, man, you use that sax font a lot!

I don't think this is on par with your other work... not too much happens here in terms of dynamics or change-ups; the afore mentioned sax seems to be the carry of a bland piece.

The spirit's certainly there, but I just think this drags on without anything very interesting going on. Borderline NO

this is strong work, and a solid arrangement of a less than breathtaking piece.

the effects, leads, etc are all enjoyable, if not extraordinary.

The problems with the sax are that the patch is a little bit....mellow and weak to be featured so prominently, and that the melody line sucks.

but that isnt shariq's fault.

YES

Kenny Darkesword G is back with another sax mix?

Very fitting with the title you've given it. I think this may be my favorite of yours so far. Only slight complaint is the sax sounds slightly mechanical at times, but sax is one of the hardest to sequence. I love the vibe of this whole piece. Groovy bass line. I always like hearing unique mixes, and this is no exception. This also reminds me of gradius music. Very chill and completely capable work darkesword.

YES