Where do YOU go for video game news?

Toadofsky

I haven't really been posting much on here lately, but I was a bit curious, where do some of you go for video game news?

I guess this is kind of an odd topic, but I just don't like going to Kotaku or Destructoid, and having to see stupid "hardcore" blogs/opinion pieces all the time. Sure sometimes they may have something interesting or funny, but I'd rather look at some better sites than them. IGN, is okay, but I'm not that enthralled with their ad pages.

So, where do YOU guys go for video game news?

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/

Ever since I saw that their tagline was "PC Gaming Since 1873", I've been visiting that site almost daily ever since. They update quite often and I've found quite a few interesting games I never otherwise would have discovered, such as Naumachia.

Before that I used to switch between gametrailers and gamespot, simply because of lack of better alternatives. Gamespot barely has much news though anyway.

What are covered on your PS2 Collection, genre wise I mean?

Mostly RPG's (Final Fantasy, SaGa, Xenosaga) and action games (Ace Combat, MGS, Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter) with a few fighting games (Soul Calibur, Tekken).

no shmups, unfortunately. this is one PS2 genre that I don't know what's out there besides Gradius or R-Types

I also (stereotypically) hate sports games except for THPS 3 and 4 and Gran Turismo 3 and 4

Word of mouth for me. I don't care for game hype, so if I'm desperate for finding game info after its released that word of mouth doesn't give me enough for, I just go to GameRankings. I also don't like to generally read game related articles by gaming sites because of the sometimes piss poor journalism in the industry (Kotaku I'm looking at you).

Word of mouth for me. I don't care for game hype, so if I'm desperate for finding game info after its released that word of mouth doesn't give me enough for, I just go to GameRankings. I also don't like to generally read game related articles by gaming sites because of the sometimes piss poor journalism in the industry (Kotaku I'm looking at you).

Kotaku gets too much into the "hardcore" gamer mentality, that I'm sick of hearing. And their polls they have "provide" absolutely nothing to me.

I like to see game footage on Game Trailers, but Bonus Round is a joke to me. Michael Pachter's predictions, and his analyzing is getting ridiculous.

I like Gamebiz from what I've seen of few and far between articles...

Kotaku's headlines are pretty good when it comes to breaking news and elaborating on it. I like it for that reason.

That said, I could do without a lot of their "articles." Hell, whenever I read a title to a article like "XBOX360 vs. PS3 GRAPHIC COMPARISON: YOUR THOUGHTS?" I know it's going to be swarming with annoying fanboys, and a lot of time they tend to try and create buzz with articles like that. The site's comment section is absolutely annoying and should be avoided. Just too many dorks trying to one-up each other in larger quantity than other sites on the internet. No one is really useful, and everyone's comments usually some attempt at a clever retort. I hate that side of the internet. Seriously, why all the negativity?

/veering off topic

Still like their news though. And they get things quickly. You can sit on their site refreshing it and they'll have news coming in regularly throughout the day which I like. :)