Golden Sun ReMix Album

Mirby

Move this if it's in the wrong place, but I have an idea. I was wondering if anybody would mind working on a Golden Sun ReMix album. With Golden Sun DS on the horizon, I feel it's a great time to work on this. That, and OCR is sorely lacking in GS ReMixes. I don't want to head the project, for I don't have the time, or the constant internet access required to do so. I'm just posting this to get the idea out there, in hopes that someone will agree and take the reins for this project.

Thank you for reading this, and I hope this post will inspire the community to ReMix this excellent soundtrack. After all, a ReMix album of some of Motoi Sakuraba's work was finished earlier this year (Summoning of Spirits)! Please consider this request.

I have a feeling once a few more current projects are completed there will more interest in people working on another album. This one almost for sure will happen though, many other people have taken an interest in requesting / forming a project. I will definitely be a part of it once it happens, so just be patient and I'm sure we'll see a GS album in the future :-P

Well, as I said, with the advent of Golden Sun DS, this seems to be an opportune time for this album. And since I'm not the first to suggest this, maybe it'll carry more say than the other post about the same thing. It would be a great album. Provided Sixto ReMixes Venus Lighthouse or Battle [Doom Dragon]. Or not. Regardless, it should be made, because we need more Golden Sun ReMixes! We only have one! Come on, people! Let's do this! LET'S MAKE ALBUM!

Well, as I said, with the advent of Golden Sun DS, this seems to be an opportune time for this album. And since I'm not the first to suggest this, maybe it'll carry more say than the other post about the same thing. It would be a great album. Provided Sixto ReMixes Venus Lighthouse or Battle [Doom Dragon]. Or not. Regardless, it should be made, because we need more Golden Sun ReMixes! We only have one! Come on, people! Let's do this! LET'S MAKE ALBUM!

If anything we should wait until it comes out so we can include any new tracks from the DS version. It would suck having it come out during the project, having to add more tracks later on.

We already have 95 or so tracks to choose from. I don't think we need any more. Plus, my reasoning is in honor of the series' resumption. So we don't really need any tracks from GSDS. Plus, I have a feeling some tracks in the DS game will be borrowed from the GBA games, or remixed.

Well if you can find someone that will organize it and make it a success (including you) then go for it.

i should point out that this has been attempted twice. everyone likes that music, but no one likes it enough to remix it.

also, mirby, don't start a project. you'll just look like even more of a nub when it fails within a week. xenogears was the exception, not the rule - you need star power to make a project work, and you need to be known. trust me. i've been involved in six or so, and have run one and am running one now. they're incredibly complex, and you'll just have it sputter and die if you can't constantly contribute creative creations to it. i had 1400 posts when i started RD with taucer, and it still took ages to finish - and it was short!

wow, five c's in a row!

I've been interested in this sort of thing myself, though of course I suffer from the same problem as everyone else who seems to want to make a project along these lines. :-)(Edit: I refer to being new)

In my case, I know for a fact I don't have enough time, because I'm acting as a ringer for the Link's Awakening project and I don't even have time to contribute to that, and I'm not even running it. (One of these days I'll have enough time to try my hand at a track, though! Seriously...)

Anyway, I'll just state for the record that I'm totally down with this project, if it ever gets started. And if I ever get time I'll contribute, too. So it's not like there's NO interest.

Personally, I think a genre theme is needed for the project, so that the album would be something completely different from the game. Chrono Symphonic comes to mind here... basically, given a good idea for a creative genre shift, I have to wonder if no one will want to try to get into the project. Experienced remixers with no prior exposure to the game might see it as a good creative exercise and could lend a surprising amount of power to the project if they make stuff in a new genre with no preconceptions.

It's a moot point anyway, though. Certainly it will be impossible to finish before Golden Sun DS comes out, so it might be better to wait for its release-- and also by then I might have some more free time to actually arrange stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Mephisto, I don't want to work on this [project. I was merely suggesting it, and hoping someone else would manage it for me. And good point, PA. But I feel that the album should cover a wide variety of genres, like was done with Voices of the Lifestream, with Echoes of Betrayal, Light of Redemption, with Summoning of Spirits, etc. That way a wide variety of ReMixers can work on the project.

• 1 month later...

I have to agree with Prophet, there just isn't enough sustainable interest in it. It's a fun series, and there are some great songs, but it's low on everyone's radar, and there are a lot of other games that have much more recognition and brand name power.

Maybe in the future, but for now, it's not happening. Try again in six months, there might be more interest when the next game starts getting hyped/comes out.

Maybe there isn't enough interest, but I'm still waiting for wishes of some people. I love the game, and if someone say that I should work on the song, I will do it.

Actually, if you can show that you can not only do some remixes yourself, but also do them well, that might be enough to get a few others interested.

Ideally, you would have a lot of different people in your project, but there are a few that had a small but talented group of remixers.

Try it, and if you succeed, good. If not, then at least you made the effort.

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe there isn't enough interest, but I'm still waiting for wishes of some people. I love the game, and if someone say that I should work on the song, I will do it.

Sorry for my bad english.

Just out of curiosity, do you already have a remixing toolkit set up?

I'm just asking because I was in the same sort of mode you were some time ago, and I was like, "Oh man I'm gonna make the best Golden Sun track remix ever", but I had nothing on my computer and ended up being too busy/lazy to get it. So I can testify that without a hell of a lot of willpower, it's really hard to get started from scratch. At least, it is for me.

Part of my problem is that I use Linux, though. :-D