Yes, Another Chrono Trigger Remix...

Doni

I've made a electro remix of the Chrono Trigger song "Corridors of time"... another one you say?! Well yes, many people have remixed this song... but this one is a bit of a different approach.

The intro is very aural sounding... it doesn't sound like electro house at all. Then it transforms into a floor shaker. I really love the original and I wanted to make something that I could place into my DJ sets that calm ppl down and then rock their socks off. Sort of a transitional intro. Hopefully you guys like it. After I get a bit of feedback I'll submit this one I think. The link is below:

Doni - Trigga (Corridors of Time Remix)

Quick note - this belongs in the 'Workshop: Remixes' forum. You'll get more attention there than here :)

The aural sound here is quite brilliant, although I could do with less sidechaining in the melodies (actually, it could use less side chaining overall, in that section). Love those instrument combinations :)

I'm not quite feeling it as much when you get it into the electro-house sections, personally - it just sounds too juxtaposed against the other part. It sounds interesting at the last third of the song, but the uber-sidechaining really detracts from all of the parts. You really need to take the sidechaining down quite a bit, overall.

We all can't get enough Corridors of Time, though - don't let the fact that OCR has 1,000+ remixes of it detract from you :-o.

Quick note - this belongs in the 'Workshop: Remixes' forum. You'll get more attention there than here :)

Thanks for the tip :) I'm going to post it there as well I suppose

The aural sound here is quite brilliant, although I could do with less sidechaining in the melodies (actually, it could use less side chaining overall, in that section). Love those instrument combinations :)

I'm glad you like the combinations :) But tell me what you mean by side chaining... because sometimes people have different definitions of this term.

For this section, I can say that I wanted a "full" sound, but I am sure I am tip-toeing on the edge of "full" and into "blaring" which I want to avoid for this kind of melodic section

I'm not quite feeling it as much when you get it into the electro-house sections, personally - it just sounds too juxtaposed against the other part. It sounds interesting at the last third of the song, but the uber-sidechaining really detracts from all of the parts. You really need to take the sidechaining down quite a bit, overall.

I was going for juxtaposition!! But I bet not everybody will feel it, for sure. I was really going for a hot pumpy sound in this part of the mix. If by side-chaining you mean it sounds to overblown, I will consider this, but I'm going for an electro kind of sound, which is usually sidechained out the butt. In places I am intentionally making the melody more "sparse" and turning it into more of a pad or layer... but please do tell me what you think and thanks very much for your feedback

We all can't get enough Corridors of Time, though - don't let the fact that OCR has 1,000+ remixes of it detract from you :-o.

Isn't it a lovely progression? This was always my favorite and to this day it spins through my head often.