*NO* Chrono Trigger 'Magus (Blackwind Remake Mix)'

djpretzel

Well firstly I'd like to say how pleased I am to share this mix with you.This has been a long time coming and ive been an advant fan of your site for quite awhile now as im sure many others around the country even the world are as well.I identify with OC's whole philosophy on things and i really appreciate what your doing.Being a composer and remixer yourself you understand the importance of exposure to a fellow remixer to flex his/her musical muscle and show what they have to offer and bring to the world of music and in this case video game music.

.................................................................................................................................

If everything works out well i will be going under the Alias "DMmasterD".I have always loved and been inspired by video game music and among those on a long list are the song for Chrono Trigger which i couldnt turn away from or back off from.Im submitting a song which ive entitled "Magus (Blackwind Remake Mix)" for lack of a better title i think it fits the whole overall mood of Magus as a character and kind of brings outside listeners into the frame of mind that Magus is anything but light hearted and friendly.From the opening the track envokes darkness but yet its a little playful with some dancy electronic beats and some very effect vocal samplings that almost seem "bug like" in nature.Well overall i hope the mix does well on the judging scale and i hope to be submitting on a regular basis to OC remix.Thanx for your tim and consideration.

yours truly,

DMmasterD

PS dont mind the URL title too much...hehehe enjoy.

Pretty repetitive. There was this huge anticlimactic build in the beginning too. I was waiting for some kind of hot trance beat or something, but nothing happened. This actually doesn't seem to cover Magus's them so much as it uses magus's chord progression. There's some background stuff, but mostly it's just that same annoying lead over and over again.

NO

Hm. Well, you've got some nice retros timbres here, the brassy analog lead is awesome; and if cleaned up and refined a bit, the electrical lead would be nice. Unfortunatly, sample quality is pretty low on this guy, despite an obvious attention to many sonic details. I think you're over-distorting in many places. Try to compress some things down, work on balance and EQ, and you might have a good thing going here. But for now,

NO

-D