Infinity Ward and Activision crap on PC gamers

JoeFu

I am greatly enjoying JoeFu's one-man crusade against Infinity Ward, particularly the part where nothing came of it.

Whatever, I'm just happy I saved myself 60 dollars from a game, and if my thread informed people who knew nothing about it then its even better.

Seriously, when are these PC hypocrites going to admit they didn't have the balls to stand up to IW / Activision and move on?

And I don't want to hear any BS about "well, I'm sticking it to the man by playing a cracked game". Bullshit. First of all, if you REALLY wanted to stick it to the man, you wouldn't be playing MW2 at all. Second, those cracked games still report to the IWNet servers, meaning that you're ALL REINFORCING Infinity Ward's original view: that modders and crackers screw over the rest of the community.

Go ahead: report you 10k exp per kill matches to IWNet and screw over all of the innocent casuals who just want to play a damn game, go to a leaderboard to see how much work they've put in, and *BAM* broken leaderboards. Way to prove IW wrong, guys. So far, you're only proving that you're self-righteous assholes who don't care about screwing other players over to get what you want (even if that screwing over explicitly involves giving up your beliefs because you weren't even strong enough to stick to a "boycott").

Seriously, when are these PC hypocrites going to admit they didn't have the balls to stand up to IW / Activision and move on?

And I don't want to hear any BS about "well, I'm sticking it to the man by playing a cracked game". Bullshit. First of all, if you REALLY wanted to stick it to the man, you wouldn't be playing MW2 at all. Second, those cracked games still report to the IWNet servers, meaning that you're ALL REINFORCING Infinity Ward's original view: that modders and crackers screw over the rest of the community.

Go ahead: report you 10k exp per kill matches to IWNet and screw over all of the innocent casuals who just want to play a damn game, go to a leaderboard to see how much work they've put in, and *BAM* broken leaderboards. Way to prove IW wrong, guys. So far, you're only proving that you're self-righteous assholes who don't care about screwing other players over to get what you want (even if that screwing over explicitly involves giving up your beliefs because you weren't even strong enough to stick to a "boycott").

I got news for ya man. I've not touched the game. And even with the money i wouldnt touch the game. I wouldn't touch it for free and i am strongly considering moving my reservation on the first episode of SC2 to ME 2. I havent made a hard decision on that yet.

I got news for ya man. I've not touched the game. And even with the money i wouldnt touch the game. I wouldn't touch it for free and i am strongly considering moving my reservation on the first episode of SC2 to ME 2. I havent made a hard decision on that yet.

Well, then I'm obviously not addressing you. But, seriously. Between the pic posted earlier of all the boycotters on MW2 and all of the people touting the new cracked version, it's obvious that there are PLENTY of hypocrites out there. And I'd really rather they all live in a hole for the remainder of their lives; it's people like them that make life harder for those of us actually TRYING to make change / progress in our industry.

Boycotts online are about as useful and go over as well as a lead balloon. No one actually follows up on them, as with the L4D2 one. I just laugh in their faces cause they are so "rebellious" that they pirate the game. Oh wow, like they probably wouldn't have done that anyway, no matter what had happened. Doesn't help matters that gamers today expect companies to cater to them with a certain about of content and if DLC is announced any time within the first 2 months of the games release they panic and yell foul.

That being said though, I just get a kick out of this "They didn't get my money rawr rawr" going on in threads like these. You keep fighting that good fight. It shows that bad company who's boss. ROFL.

emot-words.gif

I get the feeling that you don't understand the difference between a cracked version of a game and one in which people have found things like the development console, extra game modes, bugs, hacks, etc etc. If someone is playing a cracked copy, their is a good chance it will not report back to IW servers because that defeats the GOD DAMN FUCKING PURPOSE. That reporting back is what prevents the pirated PC version from playing multi-player OR single-player. There is no point in a cracked pirated version of any game reporting back, it sends up a giant red flag, kinda like emailing Microsoft with your Xbox ID saying you have a modded Xbox, it is really fucking stupid. This lack of reporting back also prevents multi-player through the IW matchmaking system, so even if you are able to play MP, it won't effect the leader-board.

Those who are playing legit copies but are modifying multi-player matches via the development console may screw up the leader board, but that's due to IW not making sure unranked matches are part of the game. When you play a match with settings different from the standard, the match is not ranked, it's fucking common sense. So don't go blaming the modding community for that douche.

Now, to confuse you a little bit, I do agree with the hypocrite comment, those who joined boycott communities, signed the petitions, and didn't cancel their pre-order or went out and purchased the game anyways...well they are fucking tools. I was honest when I said I wouldn't buy the game till it cost what it is worth, and until then I have Dragon Age or Assassins Creed or any number of other games that are worth the money or effort to pirate (I haven't pirated MW2 because I'm not sure the SP is worth the effort) Now console fag, go away.

That's all well and good, but onbehalf of the Industry, allow me to say you're that .00001% of gamer that makes us rofl.

I think you have JoeFu mistaken for a zealot? The type who yells and screams about taking down the corporations and sticking it to the man and other hippie bullshit.

All JoeFu ever did was say, "Hey guys, here's what's up, I think what's happened here is pretty gay and you might too." And then you all ragged on him. Of course he's gonna defend his position but never once did he act like some kind of martyr saving the gaming world or something.

I'm not out here to send a strong message to IW/Activision or to think I'm making a world of difference. I just disapprove of what was done to the point that I know my enjoyment of the game would be crippled and I'd rather not support that waste of my time or money. Unlike the people who signed all sorts of retarded petitions and joined retarded Steam groups (none of which I joined) I'm not out here to make some glorified statement expecting some corporation to listen when I know exactly how those things go.

It's one thing to join a Steam group and SAY you're concerned about something. It's another thing to be worth your salt and actually do what you intend.

Now stop smugging up the atmosphere.

All I did was voice my opinion when a developer took out certain key aspects of pc gaming. I really have no idea what else you think I'm doing. Also getting mad at others with no standards is another thing. People saying that removing dedicated servers was a step forward... wtf? Newsflash, you can have P2P and dedicated servers in one game.

I never joined a steam group, I never signed a petition. I just didn't buy the game.

I think you have JoeFu mistaken for a zealot? The type who yells and screams about taking down the corporations and sticking it to the man and other hippie bullshit.

All JoeFu ever did was say, "Hey guys, here's what's up, I think what's happened here is pretty gay and you might too." And then you all ragged on him. Of course he's gonna defend his position but never once did he act like some kind of martyr saving the gaming world or something.

I'm not out here to send a strong message to IW/Activision or to think I'm making a world of difference. I just disapprove of what was done to the point that I know my enjoyment of the game would be crippled and I'd rather not support that waste of my time or money. Unlike the people who signed all sorts of retarded petitions and joined retarded Steam groups (none of which I joined) I'm not out here to make some glorified statement expecting some corporation to listen when I know exactly how those things go.

It's one thing to join a Steam group and SAY you're concerned about something. It's another thing to be worth your salt and actually do what you intend.

Now stop smugging up the atmosphere.

Don't get butthurt if you express a strong opinion against something popular.

A friend gifted it to me on Steam (for free) and the host system isn't all that bad. Really, the only problems are laggy hosts and/or hosts who bail and then no one else wants to host. Also sometimes after a round people leave and pretty soon the entire lobby is empty. Kind of sucks, but not much else bad about it.