GameX Video Game Expo

zircon

The Greater Philadelphia Convention Center in Oaks, PA is hosting a weekend gaming convention, GameX (http://gamexpo.us). I'm going to be there with some friends doing a panel on the "Industry Summit" (oriented toward game devs) side of things, as well as playing in a VGM band! The OneUps will be there too, so it looks like it will be a great time.

Shall we organize some kind of meetup for Saturday?

Haha, get out of here :<

Meteo: I have no idea what (if anything) will be recorded, but I sure hope so. Among other things, the impromptu band I'm in ("Big Daddy and the Splicers") is playing a medley of Super Mario Bros. Underground, Ken and Trogdor, a sort of gothic Kraid, my (Sixto-powered) arrangement of Lunatic Moon, a reggae version of Chemical Plant zone, and lots of other cool stuff.

I heard VGxpo didn't go too well this year so GameX is looking to be the new hotness. If you're within two-hundred miles, you should come!

Friday, October 23

5:30 pm – 6:10 pm: Rare Candy

6:30 pm – 7:20 pm: The OneUps

7:45 pm – 8:30 pm: FenixDown

Saturday, October 24

5:30 pm – 6:10 pm: The Megas

6:30 pm – 7:20 pm: The OneUps

7:45 pm – 8:30 pm: JJ Demon

Sunday, October 25

4:30pm – 5:45 pm: Armcannon

6 pm – 7:20 pm: Fosterchild

We'll be showing up Sat afternoon. Playing Sunday, we have a longer set. Come watch it.

big meh on this one. I could tell that a ton of money was sunk into this thing but the attendance was thumbs down. I missed the VIP party, and like half the bands I wanted to see. Also pretty much everyone I knew at the event missed our set. We played for 50 people and had one of the highest attended things going on... that and pretty much every agreement we had in terms of payment and lodging got fucked up. I think my highlight was playing 1980s pinball machines.

It's very good to be home.

Looking forward to MAGFest.

Amen Mustin, amen.

P.S. My remixer and non-remixer bretheren. For PAX of the Spring of 2010 shall be upon us. And though we shall ever long for MAGFest, a new place shall we venture, lo, I say unto you, post-MAGFest... TO BOSTON WE SHALL GO! HUZZAH!

</dramatic effect>

Alright, so seriously, loads of cool things about to happen starting with MAGFest in January.

MAGFest -- Dec. 31 (for pre-regs only NYE party) Jan 1 - 4 for the awesome winningest fest this side of the US of A. Alexandria, Virginia

PAX East -- Spring 2010, Boston, Mass.

Otakon -- July 30 - August 1, Baltimore, Maryland @ BCC Inner Harbor

I'm missing small cons inbetween, but still, just those three will be worth it. ^_^ (Okay, so Otakon is an anime fest. Still, Club Otaku alias JAMSPACE FOR THE WIN! Oh and that other stuff...animu...etc...)

I really want to go to some of these things and hopefully by next year I can - however even MAGfest 9 is likely out for me since my most immediate and convenient ride I'm apparently not on speaking terms with.

I need to find me another'n, provided I can somehow not piss everyone off before next year. :P.

I bet its so much fun that you cream your pants and don't even care or notice until you get home.....