*NO* Final Fantasy 'Welcome to Our Town'

djpretzel

Hi, My name is Chris Davidson (I Don't have a remixer name yet). I'm new to remixing, but a long time visitor to your site. I probably have every mix on there. Anyway, I've done a remix of the Chocobo Theme from Final Fantasy. The Chocobo theme is quite different from the original, rhythmically. The overall feel of the piece is very Final Fantasy peaceful town early on in the game. Listening to it, I can just imagine talking to a nicely colored man in front of the first house and he'd say "This is such a great town, I sure do love living here. Have you seen my lantern? YES - NO"

It has sort of a latin feel, but that wasn't my intention, it just came out that way. Very towny, very final fantasy, and the chocobo theme makes it a remix and pulls it all together.

The title of this piece of Welcome To Our Town. Thank you.

-Chris Davidson

Chris@Sound-O-Vision.com

Well, the extreme nature of the clipping gives this an automatic NO. Fix it and resubmit please.

However, even if resubmitted, it suffers from a few problems that would cause me to repeat my vote.

Like Darkesword said, some sections sound like they're on autopilot with the velocities. Get some dynamics in there, doesnt take long to do. The guitar is pretty good in general, and I don't really hear the bad chords Darky's talkin about, but i hear an awkward note in the vibraphone around 1:31.

The arrangement is an upbeat, energetic tune, but piano solos come out of nowhere, the rest of the song halts, and a drumloop comes in. Not really the most effective way to end a song. PAy a bit more attention to EQ, transitions and mastering issues.

-D

When you're forth in line... you get Redundancy + 5

*sigh*

Yeah. Everything everybody said. Just like Tom Cruise said in Magnolia: Master the EQ and Tame the volume.

Also - interesting side note - The phone number Cruise gives in Magnolia is not a 555 number. At the time of the movie's release, it was an actual number, and the company making the number somehow bought it up and put in an automated message of Cruise doing his schpeel from the movie. The message has been removed in the past, oh, two years or so, but at the time, it was cool.

oh yeah...

NO