Goodbye Geocities, I'll miss your sparkling... uh... your... uhm...

The Damned

I must admit I am rather saddened by the news. As horrible as our websites all were, I simply wouldn't be as knowledgable in HTML as I am today with the experience I got on Geocities.

These days, people can be daffy on the internet without having to be trained in doing it. Terrible, ar? I may be an idiot, but at least I'm a certified idiot.

Wow, I hadn't really even thought too much about my old Geocities site. I basically gathered midis from around the Internet from popular snes rpgs and one day in say... 1997 decided to make a site for them. I organized them by game, wrote a little writeup from where you hear it in the game, and it was actually kinda cool, and fun at the time.

I think I had a small following of like 10 people from the randomest places, which was cool I guess, I really just did it cause I wanted to, and back then I actually thought I wanted to get into web design (now... not so much).