OCR01924 - Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance "Swingin' with Death"

djpretzel

Ha, I was going through my old download folder and happened upon (what now appears to have been) a WIP of this.

It's an amazing treat to hear the final version. Successor of Fate is probably the only thing I took away from HoD (other than the fact that the A/B castle system was a huge headache until I figured it out towards the end)...this puts a smile on my face (and makes me forget all my castle qualms).

5 singed skulls... this thing is smoking.

(wtf, Bahamut used the word qualm too... I didn't even read what... never mind)

I loved this mix, and not even that horn can turn me away. Awesome work dude, I can't wait to hear more! :-)

Yeah, that horn. Not my fav part either. I was planning to send a revised version just because of that one, actually, but didn't get around to. It started to annoy me soon enough, guess I should've given the track a bit more time to sit around (it was made in a day).

Glad you liked the rest though :)

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Halc said to me something along the lines that once his first mix was posted, his lust for remixing has only increased; I hope that'll hold true for me as well!

I really gotta submit stuff more regularily now though...

*signs off to spam subs@ocremix with his entire OLR collection*

Pal, before I go further, let me say that no one mentioned how awesome the clav is on this track...anyway: this is one funky swing hippity hop-like mix that Premier would have sampled if the horn samples were more realistic. Unfortunately, horn samples are hard to come by...especially in the funk/swing/jazz/hip-hop category (that reminds me, I wonder where SelectaNovel got his horn stabs; I gotta get me some of those). And were there some chip elements in there too? Buddy, keep on submitting! This track is amazing; and yes, I'm sure you'll find some good horn sounds.

• 3 weeks later...

Pachi Risu really nailed it - this track is deceiving, but the breakdown from orchestral to jazz was actually pretty well done :-P I'm personally glad you opted to go for a funkier style rather than what you seemed to be setting up, because you did good. Some of the samples were a bit iffy but absolutely nothing to fret over, considering the arrangement quality :-) Really killer debut track, hope to hear more from Nase soon!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01924 - Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance "Swingin' with Death"