OCR01924 - Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance "Swingin' with Death"

djpretzel

• 1 year later...

Great mix, I've always been a fan of the more funky mixes (djp, Fortuna Favors the Funk FTW!) and this fits in very well. It is a bit crazy with the different styles and all but I like that too. The Eminem sounding bit at 0:54-1:14 and repeated later is pretty cool as well (has nobody else pointed this out?).

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Grand opening that drives right into a jazzy funky little tune? Well, alright! Not a fan of the horn either, but the rest of the instrumentation had me tapping my foot severely. I swear I heard something around 1:30 that reminds me of another game, but I'm drawing a blank on the name. I love how this bounces around and doesn't sit in one place the whole time. Not crazy about the ending, but all in all, this is one fine ReMix.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This does everything right. I want more of this. :) Honestly, the horn at 0:28 didn't bother me as much as the midrange on the one at 0:10, but those are pretty minor nits to pick.

ok, let's look back!

my 2 cents: 0:10 i like just how it is. the horn there even seems like a core element for the switch into swing.

the trumpet however, i think it starts to suck at 0:30. if the phrase ended differently, i might like it all. so this is a point where i could've diverged from the original, imo.

yknow, just in the spirit of the discussion about looking at things from the past and determining how your appreciation of them shifts. so in this case, nothing much changed for me: there's a little bit in there that i think is phrased weakly, or the timbre is wrong for the phrase, or whatever. something's off anyway. you don't really know 'til you hear a better version of it.

cool to hear that you still like it. i'm happy with it, it's a nice little ditty with some surprises in the middle.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01924 - Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance "Swingin' with Death"