OCR01144 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III "Turtle Wave"

djpretzel

My sentiments exactly. Only...is there a higher bitrate version of this? I think a couple of my friends would be like ARGH THIS IS TOO HARSH 128KBPS LOL. Please thanks. Dunno if it would actually sound better. I never really get higher bit rate versions from OCRemixers so I'm just assuming it could be a lot more enjoyable when it might sound a lot the same.

Mazedude, would you ever marry a man with a vagina?

I wonder if people who say such things as this realize how freaking weird it sounds.

My sentiments exactly. Only...is there a higher bitrate version of this? I think a couple of my friends would be like ARGH THIS IS TOO HARSH 128KBPS LOL. Please thanks. Dunno if it would actually sound better. I never really get higher bit rate versions from OCRemixers so I'm just assuming it could be a lot more enjoyable when it might sound a lot the same.

I wonder if people who say such things as this realize how freaking weird it sounds.

Sometimes, remixers will skirt the file-size limit on OCR by posting their songs on VGMix.com, which is unfortunately down right now.

The other option is to go to the remixer's home page. which you will frequently find at their profile page.

In this case, there is no higher bitrate version of this song. The one at Mazedude's site is also 128kbps. You could probably ask him to make a higher bitrate encoding of the song, but don't expect him to give that request a high priority.

Now, this song is quite energetic and smooth. The lead synth works really well, and all those vocal shouts really get the body moving.

Edit: I just listened to Jeroen Tel's NineOneOne that Mazedude has on the download page for this song on his website. There are definitely elements of Tel's style in Turtle Wave.

• 3 months later...

I do realize that. That's the point.

• 2 years later...

Classic stuff, I've always been a big fan of this one. Chris's stuff is always unique, and the sound choices really gave it a retro-style while moving away from the actual sound of the NES. I really liked the pacing and energy here, and this mix introduced me to this soundtrack. I grew up on Turtles in Time, but never played Turtles 2 or 3 on the NES (and I hated 1!), so I'm always glad when a mix is intriguing enough to make me take notice of new game music. Mission accomplished.

• 6 months later...

Wow, another side of Mazedude revealed. This guy seems to have more sides than a cluster of zonohedrons. Which is to say, a lot. And every side offers an askew stamp and oftentimes a personal take on a certain influence. I like that a lot of Mazedude's repotoire represents varied chunks of his own psyche, with this one being one of the best.

It's very spirited and rollicks along at pretty kickass pace, until the end where it draws back into a fitting close. It pulls a lot of hefty punches in the bass department, and I loved the detailing with the vocal samples. It's clear that the entire track is aware that it has a nice, strong melody under its belt, and it doesnt care to flaunt it as much as possible, which is awesome.

It never actually transcends the sound of game music, but that's not a problem if that was the intention. There's not much at fault with this at all, which shouldn't surprise anyone who has been following OCR's finest alumni. Top notch, even by previous Mazedude standards.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really like how some of the synths have a dulled feel to them while others are are sharp/electronic. :3

This strike really nice balances between fast & slow and being conservative & going flat out crazy. In a Goldilocks-esque manor, this is juuuuuuuuust right. :razz:

All in all, this is just a funkily fun, "get yo groove on", "have a good day" mix.

• 1 year later...

listened to this (for the first time in quite a long while) in the car with Souliarc on the way to VGL.. though it's one of those mixes I listened to all the time back in the day, regardless of having not played the game nor heard it's music; I just thought it was an all-around bitchin' track (and it still is!). :lol:

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01144 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III "Turtle Wave"
  • 1 year later...