Microsoft partners with Family Guy to then dump them...

Hy Bound

http://tv.ign.com/articles/103/1039355p1.html

So apparently Microsoft had the idea of creating a half-hour long commercial for Windows 7 using the Family Guy "platform." Basically meaning Family Guy whored itself out to Microsoft for an episode of Microsoft commercials with Seth McFarlane and Alex Borstein. Then, upon Microsoft actually viewing the show, decided that Family Guy was too crass for them... What? Apparently nobody there ever watched Family Guy before?

Thoughts? I honestly think this is hilarious.

Basically meaning Family Guy whored itself out to Microsoft for an episode of Microsoft commercials with Seth McFarlane and Alex Borstein. Then, upon Microsoft actually viewing the show, decided that Family Guy was too crass for them... What? Apparently nobody there ever watched Family Guy before?

Presumably they had the same experience as the rest of us brave few who actually dislike Family Guy.

Your friends suddenly start quoting it in the middle of conversation and you wonder what they're on about. They tell you that it's from this show called "Family Guy", it's totally awesome, you should check it out. They will not stop raving about it, so you figure, hey, it must be pretty good if they ALL like it so much, maybe you'll see what the fuss is about.

Then you watch one of the DVDs and spend the next four hours saying "What the hell? THIS IS TERRIBLE. AND SO ARE MY FRIENDS."

Probably more a case of some of the marketing people loving the show but the bigwigs not agreeing.

Family Guy is pretty polarizing. Some people think it's great, other think it's crap. Microsoft is trying to clean up its image, it's been losing a lot of ground to the likes of Apple in terms of goodwill (though not necessarily market share).

Attaching yourself to Family Guy, honestly, doesn't really help you look good.

Well, I'm not really commenting on the show itself, but i think its funny that no one touching the actual project had ever watched family guy.

Such as marketing. When money starts talking, its hard to listen to reason, or logic, or common sense.

/is in marketing - although my company isn't nearly that retarded. We like to actually think things through on our deals.