OverClocked After Dark - The Former Thread of Days of Yore

Brushfire

Guys, I need my OCAD fix... I'm starting to have withdrawal symptoms D:

First half of the OCAD MAGFest video podcast uploaded sometime soon to you-boob, once second half is here, I'll edit that too.

And the latest podcast will come out once Deven emails me his portion of the podcast...come on, Deven! Gallofan is waiting on you!

Yeah, this is getting a little ridiculous...

Just a rundown of all the issues we've had lately:

1) The Holiday podcast had issues with the skype call because, apparently, skype only takes mono input for mics and if the source is stereo, it just takes the left side. Also, because of this, I found out that the stereo-merge switches on my Lexicon Lambda only merge stereo to mono for the monitor jack and not for the USB audio, so I could heard it in mono but the computer was still getting it as a divided stereo. Lastly, even though we jury-rigged the call so it would work, the laptop (my Macbook) froze recording the stream, so the recording was completely lost.

2) For the MAGFest podcast, we had a whole host of issues. The audio froze on that laptop (an HP laptop) mid-recording and I had to restart it, but it sounded fine at the time. However, after getting home to check it again, the first hour was garbled and completely messed. I could still hear some things, but it was literally chopped up audio and beyond unacceptable for use. The second bit was fine, but it was a lot shorter so in the end, we basically lost most if not all of the audio. We had a camcorder recording as well, but the power cord was left at home so that ran out of juice before an hour was up. The audio for that is okay but you can't make much out (it's about as good as home videos of family activities that your Dad used to make), and we're waiting on the video from some nice individual who decided to record the second bit for us. The best we can hope for is a half-decent video of the podcast...

3) For the post-MAGFest wrapup at my house, everything was alright with the computer this time (except for some weird glitch on XP with my Lambda where the playback was glitchy but the files themselves played fine on other computers or on the integrated audio drivers) but, apparently, Epicenter's side of the call was lost in a reformat.

Needless to say, I'm currently :banghead::puppyeyes:

Y'all have waited long enough, so in the absence of Epicenter's side of the call, I'm going to tastefully edit in some stuff to make it seem like he's REALLY THERE and then upload the podcast over my extended weekend. I'm really sorry to everyone who's been waiting patiently for the next episode, so as long as no more technical fuck-ups happen, your patience will probably be half-rewarded.

Time for some more reorganization. Brushfire, Epicenter, watch your email.

As for the MAGcast, I'm sure it's nothing some clever editing can't fix. For the first half, I'd recommend using the video with subtitles where necessary, and for the 2nd half when the video cuts out and the audio is still there, roll some of Brian's footage from his Burger King 720p camcorder. Or some stock footage from Ed Wood movies.

Here comes the first of our upcoming stuff. This is episode 8 – MAGFest Recovery Party. Lost Deven’s side of the audio but we ninja’d a robot in there. You won’t even notice…maybe.

Episode 8

Edit: Also, our intro video is official up on youtube:

Further Edit: AND EVEN MORE STUFF TODAY! I'm on a roll (on a boat). We have a Facebook Fan Page!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/OverClocked-After-Dark/254114198721

Be our fan, won't you? We love you sooooooooooo much.

So, because I am totally amazing and what not, I got banned from our website.

Last time I ever try to update your RSS feeds...

Maybe if you didn't type by putting your cat on a keyboard sprinkled with treats, you wouldn't enter your password incorrectly so often.

Hah!

OK KIDS, BIG NEWS!!

So I have been in talks with Stuttering Craig of Screwattack.com, and he has agreed to be on the next episode of OCAD. If there is something you would one of us to ask him on air, please post your questions.

As far as the new guest list is concerned., we have assloads of folks lined up to be on. Among the buttloads of onsite d00ds, we have Spencer Neilson of Ecco the Dolphin confirmed, Chad Williams of PBC productions, we are in talks with Wes Johnson of Fallout 3 and Oblivion, Magfest showstopper Zen Albatross, and SOOOOOOO MANY MORE.

And at some point Larry Oji.

MORE TO COME!!

OK KIDS, BIG NEWS!!

So I have been in talks with Stuttering Craig of Screwattack.com, and he has agreed to be on the next episode of OCAD. If there is something you would one of us to ask him on air, please post your questions.

As far as the new guest list is concerned., we have assloads of folks lined up to be on. Among the buttloads of onsite d00ds, we have Spencer Neilson of Ecco the Dolphin confirmed, Chad Williams of PBC productions, we are in talks with Wes Johnson of Fallout 3 and Oblivion, Magfest showstopper Zen Albatross, and SOOOOOOO MANY MORE.

And at some point Larry Oji.

MORE TO COME!!

There are so many things about this podcast that I don't know about that I feel like this isn't even a relationship any more! :lmassoff:

Stoked for 2010. Looks like those return guests will have to wait a bit longer, as will my notions of sanity.

Right so I'm finally getting around to listening to all the episodes I missed.

This is all great. I don't see how y'all manage to crank one out so often. Maybe all the MAGFest recording difficulties was some way of restoring cosmic balance? KF

Right so I'm finally getting around to listening to all the episodes I missed.

This is all great. I don't see how y'all manage to crank one out so often. Maybe all the MAGFest recording difficulties was some way of restoring cosmic balance? KF

We record one every week, and for the most part we try to have a new epsiode every week.

UNLIKE A CERTAIN OTHER PODCAST THAT CENTER'S AROUND OCR!!

NITRO GAME INJECTION!!