OverClocked After Dark - The Former Thread of Days of Yore

Brushfire

Aside from having a panel room for an hour, how with OCR be involved in SGC2010? Will shirts and bumper stickers be sold? Will there be live DJ'ing for the video game room? I know there will be a Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (ReMix!) tournament, but will it be dominated by Larry's unabashedly pink T-Hawk? What Famous Personalities will be there? Are there any unofficial side events not on the SGC schedule? And so on.

What will that wonderful hour in the panel room entail? A live podcast, hmm. Does that just mean hanging out, yakking about VGM, and playing ReMixes? Sounds like fun!

Pardon my ignorance. As has been previously observed, this thread is hard to follow.

Edit: wow, the post counter matches my name nicely!

Yeah, I should talk to Brushfire about splitting this thread into an official OCAD thread where important announcements are made and something in offtopic where people can talk randomly. It does make the thread hard to follow!

Aside from having a panel room for an hour, how with OCR be involved in SGC2010? Will shirts and bumper stickers be sold? Will there be live DJ'ing for the video game room? I know there will be a Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (ReMix!) tournament, but will it be dominated by Larry's unabashedly pink T-Hawk? What Famous Personalities will be there? Are there any unofficial side events not on the SGC schedule? And so on.

What will that wonderful hour in the panel room entail? A live podcast, hmm. Does that just mean hanging out, yakking about VGM, and playing ReMixes? Sounds like fun!

Pardon my ignorance. As has been previously observed, this thread is hard to follow.

Edit: wow, the post counter matches my name nicely!

Well, originally, OCR wasn't planned to be involved with SGC at all, as far as I am aware. After OCAD got the panel, that it was decided it should be split between OCR and OCAD. There's going to be some prizes and a small amount of merch will be sold (there wasn't much left so there won't be much). As for live DJ'ing, probably not going to happen. And sadly, Larry's pink T-Hawk will be missing.

The people on the OCR/OCAD panel at SGC are Brushfire (co-host of OverClocked After Dark and prince of the OCR TF2 server), Epicenter (co-host of OverClocked After Dark and lurker), Cyril the Wolf (OC ReMixer and project participant), and myself (not gonna toot my own horn). I'm sure a few forumers will show up there as well. As far as I know, there's really no unofficial side events we have planned. We're just going to go with the flow and nerd out.

As for what specifically will be in the presentation/panel/podcast/???, you'll have to wait and see! Are you planning on attending?

And sadly, Larry's pink T-Hawk will be missing.
NOOOOOO! (Well, maybe now I can win.)
As for what specifically will be in the presentation/panel/podcast/???, you'll have to wait and see! Are you planning on attending?
Absolutely! I had an amazing time last year, not only because I got to meet djpretzel, Bladiator, liontamer, Israfel and sis, and Rey Jimenez, but also from all the indescribable non-OCR SGC'ness. I'm especially looking forward to seeing Keith Apicary again. :^) Also, brentalfloss will be there, for a different brand of VGM wizardry.

nolan.jpg

Nolan Bushnell!

I was along too. there are supposedly some videos from the Wet Conga line that are going to surface eventually, but I have yet to encounter them as of yet...as of yet, the people that attended SGC from OCR are as follows:

Brushfire

Epicenter

Level 99(for a day)

Cyril the Wolf

Kinslayer (me, yay!)

Chili Con Carnage

and Paranoid Drone

we did encounter several fans on the way, the panel in the speedos went decently, minus one slightly overmelodramatic video game nerd...Brushfire forgot to mention that the mantastic overflowing hot tub was actually funnier when it starting filling back up when we got out...it shot like high pressure projectile water at about the pressure of a fire hydrant...about the same distance too...lol.The vendors booth was actually not that bad...and Super Hot Cammi!!!

It became my job during the con to become the unofficial OCR camera man, sadly, I didn't take very many photos at the con as I was participating in alot of events at the time or I was AWOL from the main stuff...or I was drunk...whatever...anyways, I'll post a few relevant pics here and I'll post the entirety up for all to view in a seperate thread in Offtop. Come check 'em out.

Hey guys, meet the panel! It's Brushfire, Level 99 and Cyril the Wolf...Epicenter decided not to join in the half-nudity. and yes, that's Mr. Magfest in the background

IMAG0027.jpg

Oh, and I also think Brushfire forgot to mention that we watched the "Star Wars Holiday Special" Saturday night in our room >.< even with the riff track it was just terrible.

Believe me, it really wasn't that great...the gimmick's charm really wore off after the first five minutes...although it did draw a somewhat larger audience into our panel, including a few girls that were attending...It was really quite funny though with the melodrama that went to a slightly obscene amount...we had this guy that kept screaming for the guys to return to their clothing, which actually caused Deven to leave the table and start providing damage control, which was really helpful when the guy started banging his head against the wall repeatedly...needless to say, the panel wasn't as fun after stuff like that started happening...although he calmed down considerably once they were back in normal clothing...needless to say it was a very fun convention, I really enjoyed meeting Deven, Stevo, and David, as well as Paranoid Drone and Chili Con Carnage, and a friend of OCAD named Brian whom they apparently know from MAG I believe...For being a small gaming convention, it was really quite good, although I was quite surely disappointed at the cancellation of the DDR tournament due to inferior arcade equipment. The hotel was really nice, and they really did a good job putting up with a bunch of video game nerds for 3 days...it was a great convention...a great way to experience my first convention without it being so large and overbearing that I couldn't stand it...I look forward to attending more stuff like that in the future...MAG is definitely back on the calendar now :)