OCR01925 - Knuckles' Chaotix "Door into Chaotix"

djpretzel

....MOAR

MOOOAAARRRR

you and halc, man, too much good stuff between the two of you, I LOVE CHIPPPSS ;aksdfakld;a

..the sounds put me in my happy place and keep me sufficiently medicated to make it through another day, pushing all the negativity to the dark corners of my mind and keeping me on top

great!

• 6 months later...

Ah, Door Into Summer. Ah Knuckles Chaotix. I don't remember where on earth I heard the music for this game, or where I heard of the game even.

All I remember was hearing Door into Summer, and wanting to remix it.

As far as my remixes go, I wanted to return to my more simple sound design of my earlier mixes that got popular on Youtube before OCR corrupted my mind and ate my soul.

What came out was simple sound design, but it wasn't quite what I was expecting - it was a bit of an accident, more chiptune/genesis like in sound design than my older stuff. However the sound really gelled for me and I ran with it. I did alot of experimentation with gating and frequency changing in this mix, as well as seeing the birth of my typical drum solo which I used later in "Transient Shadows" :P

This mix isn't the most popular of my OC Remixes, probably due to the lesser known game source tune, but its probably one of my most fun remixes.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Knuckles' Chaotix' OST is pretty awesome and it's shame that it's so unpopular among the remixers. But Door into Summer in particular became a somewhat classic, even being a part of this unpopular OST. Love what Will did here - it's still quite close to the source, but it's really a nice upgrade of the original as well. Very happy and warm tune ^-^

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01925 - Knuckles' Chaotix "Door into Chaotix"