OCR01146 - Jet Grind Radio "Late Night Sneakin'"

djpretzel

This remix defines what my brain feels like after a large amount of fudge and dr. pepper.

In a good way.

Not bad, but not great either. The equalizing between the sampling and the added in stuff is way better than Krakenphonic at VGMix.com, an Earthbound remix done by Spekeosaurus which sampled extremely heavily from the original theme but added a whole bunch of industrial loops and other stuff.

A definate keeper even though it breaks one big rule in the remixing community.

This remix defines what my brain feels like after a large amount of fudge and dr. pepper.

In a good way.

Not bad, but not great either. The equalizing between the sampling and the added in stuff is way better than Krakenphonic at VGMix.com, an Earthbound remix done by Spekeosaurus which sampled extremely heavily from the original theme but added a whole bunch of industrial loops and other stuff.

A definate keeper even though it breaks one big rule in the remixing community.

What rule is that?

I like it! The quality is definitely there.

One of the best signs of development in a piece for me is if, when it loops around, I forget how the beginning sounded. The beginning is by no means /bad/, but after each new change is made, your brain sort of forgets that it was ever /not/ that way. Like you can't remember how it could sound good /except/ as what you're hearing. It's a compliment, I swear.

The voice samples are extremely well-done; I enjoyed them greatly.

It's weird, but just like the game it's fantastic! All the annoying quirks of the original songs are there, except they aren't ringing in your head while your looking for the final Graffiti Soul. Fans of the original game (like myself) will totally dig this. Groovey Beeyatch!

Jet Grind Radio was one of thoes games i never thought could be remixed and done well. Im Happy to say this proves me wrong. This mix is defantely in the spirit and feel of the game and makes me wanna bust out my dreamcast and fire up JGR. the sample quality is phenominal and it really shows as unlike alot of older games on the cart based systems it would be very difficult to do a mix with out heavily sampleing the original pieces with out it sounding very flat and or pale compaired to the original works. It feels like somthing that should be on the JGR soundtrack and thats the way it should be. The tracks on JGR were so perfect this is about the only way to "remix" them and do them justice bravo!

Wee! I love it. Makes me wish I had played Jet Set Radio, though I did play Jet Set Radio Future. I do now hope that you do some mixes (*cough*Concept of Love*cough*) from that, too.

To quote the mix: I don't understand what's going on! Though I like it that way, and I think that's what you wanted. Love it.

:)

This is another peice that I remember hearing back on the WIP boards, and i have to say in these last few months it has aged admirably.

In particular, that one guy at the beginning ("Whats going on here?") cracks me up. I think it is hilarious. If nothing else, that guy makes the mix. thankfully, there is also alot more here for it to stand on.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

HWAHAHAHA!! THIS MIX IS AWESOME!!! first time the guy said: 'whats going on?' i swear, that guy read my mind! yeah, want one of the way out there mixes, get this one... no doubt!

i really like the drums that start around 1:15... they seem to on, and on, and on... just like the energizer bunny!!

really cool tho!!!

kinda cought me off guard... 'im trying to get to sleep... *yay!*'

lol that was just odd....

ok, just dl the f***in mix

• 6 months later...

Sorry dude i've listened to your track many a time it makes me sad to say; you missed the groove that both the originals have while it isn't ghastly it ain't in my view worthy of being under the Jet Set Radio or even the remix brackets, try listening to the medley on the sound track, while it isn't a remix from the quality timing it wouldn't make it hard to become one. I'm a hardcore JSR/JGR/JSRF fan and I pretty disappointed with this.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01146 - Jet Grind Radio "Late Night Sneakin'"