C.H.E.E.T.A.H. (Cheetahmen II)

PrototypeRaptor

So I said that my next mix would be another Kirby 64 tune... I lied.

It's going to need a bit more polishing before I bring it to the table...

In the meantime, here's a remix of the Cheetahmen 2 theme. It's done in the style of Justice - a heavy, glitchy, slap bass french electro sound. It's interesting, and I've had alot of fun programming the bass line.

link (UPDATED): http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=866156&songID=8289391

source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNRD2lslEGI&feature=related

comments/criticisms are welcome; hope you enjoy it!

OMGawd that bass is ridiculous. It takes up the ENTIRE soundstage...which, of course is awesome. So awesome in fact that when the main theme get first hinted at around 0:52 I get worried that no drop-to-lead in the world is going to have enough punch to follow that bass. I was, sadly right. The drop into 1:09 seemed anti-climactic to me. The lead just isn't strong enough at that point to keep the energy high imo, especially since the bass scales WAY back.

By 1:43 when the bass and the lead (an octave higher) come in, I'm feeling it though. Great stuff with the subdued section to a much more effective drop at 2:15. Love the added count in there to shake things up a little from the 4-count omm-tss.

Bass solo section. Yes. Yes. Yes.

I'm not sad at the ending. I'm a little confused though. I thought everything was going so well, we were getting along great. Our relationship was built on a solid foundation of trust, understanding and a phat bassline, and then you just drop me like that :puppyeyes: Was it something I said?

Very Justice-like with the whole swelling leads and bass and whatnot. Kind of sounds like you sidechained the some of the stuff to compress hard when the bass hits and then it swells back in.

Sounds good thus far, nice jammin song ya got going for sure.

Sorry, I just woke up so I don't have any real fine tuning criticism yet lol, but it does rock pretty good.

Hot damn! This is catchy as all hell! I've heard the source a few times, and never once thought it could be spun this way. Amazing take on it!

Like Harmony said, that bass is truly killer. I can tell you enjoyed making it. :<

If I could suggest a few things, one might be to pepper in some playful synth soloing with that lead you used. That would really take this one over the top for me. The ending isn't really that bad, but maybe you could try to jazz it up a just little bit more.

But all criticism aside, that had me bobbing my head the whole time. Superb job! Can't wait to see this posted to the site!

• 1 month later...