OCR01147 - Super Mario World "Super Mariocean"

djpretzel

It's been a long time since I've bothered to download a Super Mario World remix, not only have there been a million of them, they never change, so to speak.

Anyhow, I'm giving this one its fair judgement, and I love how calm and relaxing it is. It's the kind of music you would most likely hear in a shopping center, if you think about it. I would even go as far as saying this sounds a bit "Megaman Legends-esque", which is ALWAYS a good thing in my opinion. Good stuff here. :D

There's nothing mind-blowing here. In terms of relaxing music, it doesn't even compare to Protricity's "Forest Birdcussion."

But as a fan of Mario music, I must say I enjoy this piece very much. Its sounds and feel are almost hinting toward Super Mario 64's Jolly Roger Bay music(which has been remixed several times on this site).

The piano sounds are high quality and I think it adds something to it.

I'm not sure I agree completely with the melody change, even though it's slight. But I guess nothing but the most loyal and hardcore Mario mixes completely please me.

I found this to be a nice little mix. While it is on the repeatitive side, it has been perfectly arranged, and the insturmentation is pleasing to the ear. I especally liked the piano that comes in at 1:37, and again at 2:21, which add a little variation to the insturmentation of the first interation of this track.

I hear much of what made spacepony's On a Crystal Star (see if you can find it on the WIP boards) so great, including the samples, which seem to be more refined here than there. But I digress.

The general feel is soothing, which isn't much more than what DJpre .. Actually, it's quite a bit less than what DJPretzel told you. But it's true.

It's an excellent mix, and it does feel somewhat new-age-y, but it is a very excellent piece (Sarah Brightman-ish in a good way). This is what I would most like to listen to while licking a vanilla ice cream cone and sitting in some mineral hot springs at night. And On A Crystal Star should definitely be listenend to whether you like this mix or not!!

Definitely not "spectacular," but, in the words of the Teen Girl Squad, "sooo good!" Mellow music has an entirely different set of criteria for "good" sometimes, but this meets it. Mmm...

I can't think of a thing wrong with this! 8) I just woke up from a full night's sleep and I'll be damned if this doesn't make me want to just get back in bed.

Hell, the only criticism I could think of is, "remix more things!" :wink:

Well, it's about time for some more Mario mixes: this one's cool and refreshing--not too involved, yet swimmable. :)

Well there is little I can add but I'll try. The rapid panning effects work nicely in such a slow remix, reminds me of light quickly reflecting off of waves or ripples. The minor (small, not musical) digression from the main melody is not at all out of place, in fact, it's one of the main things that keep the mix afloat (or diving, however ya wanna look at it).

It did indeed sound as if it should belong in a HI-FI 3D Mario game, as PlummerinParadise brought out. (BTW: that guy is sick, do I have to share an avatar with him?)

Beauty-full stuff, keep it up AstroHorse. ... WAIT! Hmmm... :D

Rating: 5/5

In simple words. This mix gives me the exact feeling I had when I was about 8 and I played Zelda: A Link to the Past, for the first time, and heard the music in Kakariko Village, and the overall feeling that town.

I'm no critic on mixes, but i really liked this one, and is really good on repeat.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01147 - Super Mario World "Super Mariocean"