OCR01147 - Super Mario World "Super Mariocean"

djpretzel

• 3 years later...

Very serene and floaty. The vibrato effects work well for the SMW underwater theme - this most definitely has the water world feeling to it. The last repetition of the bridge starting at 3:07 almost has an outer space feel to it as well.

I liked the counterpoint harmonies and the slight variation of the main theme. Still completely recognizable but with some changes to make it interesting. I liked the arrangement with the piano that begins around 1:39 - the deeper piano tones help give this piece some nice bass.

As others have said, it's a bit on the repetitive side. I didn't care for all the vibration on the 2:21-3:04 segment, it's a little dizzying (can't explain why exactly, but I feel a little motion sick at that segment).

• 4 months later...

Great pads and bells, it really makes this feel like a nostalgic and dreamy lullaby. Another of the seemingly endless gems that I missed the first 2 times going through all of the remixes. Some of the samples are a little static, and could use some delay to give a greater depth to the mix, but really this is shimmering and beautiful.

I love the melodic changes done to it, and though it repeats a lot, it only enforces the lullaby angle. Fantastic stuff. :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Nice airy feel to this song. The quick panning on the pads gets pretty old on headphones, sadly. Fortunately, they don't stick around TOO long to kill the track. I actually do like the basic bass patch. It kind've gives it a real basic, no-frills feel that some of the mario tracks are known for (SMRPG comes to mind). The strings sound real nice after the two minute mark. They blend very well with the pads at that point. I do wish the bell-pads didn't come back with the panning thing later, but it's not a big deal. Nice chilled out track.

• 7 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01147 - Super Mario World "Super Mariocean"