OCR01148 - Final Fantasy VII "Turks in Pursuit"

djpretzel

I was just listening to an old beta version of this song yesterday, and thinking to myself that it would be awesome if it got posted.

this version is different from the one I got off the WIP board in days of yore, but i think all the changes are welcome and beneficial. This is a solid peice, and has been in my standard song rotation for months now.

I'm a die-hard sucker for FF7 remixes (it goes hand in hand with my being a soundtrack junkie for any movie or game whose story really struck a chord with me), but even despite that, I really thought this was a fantastic mix. I like all genres of remixes on this site, and the ones that I usually gravitate toward are bread-n-butter techno or dance tracks, but I like a track with a high quality sound and a dramatic/unusual take on the original melody.

Together with Israfel's Lesser Kerubic Patchwork, I'd have to say that this is one of the top remixes in this category, therefor, in my book, making it one of the top remixes on the site (and by 'one of the top' I mean a very small number here, like five, maybe--and I've heard the vast majority of them).

Anyway, another thing about this track is that it's the first one I listened to after a long hiatus from downloading from this site, and thanks to it I managed to discover DJ Orange's other two remixes (having missed them before) and I have to say, he is a talented remixer. I look forward to more by him!

Keep up that badass work.

I listened to this before I read the description (which i seem to have a habit of doing ^^; ), and I did look for the Turks Theme in it, then realized "That's not Turks".

Surprised? Yes. Upset? Hell no!

I love this. It sometimes reminds me of a 007 theme, and I love the start of it when it has that almost tricky-child sound to it with the brass (did that make sense? o_O)

Anyway, this was well done and I recommend that anybody who liked the music in the Midgar area listen to this. Well done.

• 2 weeks later...

I love this mix! It makes me feel like I'm watching a Guy Ritchie movie. The drums are definitely in the foreground and they should be - They're awesome. The melody of the original tune, "Underneath Rotting Pizza", really works well in the background. Its lower level lends a familiarity to the mix without it sounding like an obvious rehash.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Very good actually, considering that the drums had the main part in this mix and the fact that the Turk theme was almost entirely beats and sounds, like garbage candrums, fingersnaps and other cool stuff. DJO gave that to this, except for the drums and synths, there a whole lot other stuff going on. Police sirens(must have, no pursuit else), rain smattering down at the ground, and some sort of maraca stuffie, thingie-do-hickie.

For short readers, this was a different view of the Turk´s hectic life, even though this was the pizza track it showed the spirit of the fast moves and cool style that comes with the Turks.

Reminds me actually a little about Timber city in FF8 at one point, meh.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Holy loops, this sounds more like an experiment to try out some new samples rather than a polished mix. There are some cool elements, but if you took out the loops it's pretty barren. I like the atmosphere set, it really feels like it'd fit something like FF7 if it was re imagined as a modern day, non-fantasy story.

I'm pretty torn on this one, really. I dig the atmosphere and all the drums, but on the other hand it sounds like it could have gone so much further.

I guess as is, I like it.

• 8 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01148 - Final Fantasy VII "Turks in Pursuit"