OCR01149 - Mega Man X "Dreams Come True"

djpretzel

I could barely get 1/4 through the song before skipping ahead to see if it improved any. It did slightly, once the guitar entered, but otherwise I must be missing something here. Even the piano managed to be annoying. All I can think is that all the great feedback earlier in this thread got my expectations up.

Well, I can't say its bad, because its more of a humorous song than a serious one, but so far I think Mocha and I are the only ones that aren't totally impressed with this song and giving it ridiculous scores.

The song is awesome, but it doesn't totally theme to fit. You are using the casting song from megaman, but you are talking about useless strategy guides, and two playes in a game thats only one and crap like that. Sorry for being technical, The song is funny, but at the same time, i don't get it.

Well, $^%#. I've been waiting for a remix of this song, and finally we get one that's as amazing as this? Star Salzman is slowly propelling himself up the ranks of my favorite OC Remixers. Wow. The lyrics rock, the music rocks, and the nostalgia factor is off the charts. I really don't know what else to say. Just get it.

we are all good at what we keep practicing right? duh! Star has got his singing down to a science, and it never fails to impress me, and always fais to bore me. This is absolute perfection, and dj P seems to agree. Star you are just plain PIMP

And prots guitar thing is pimp too, hes got that down to a science...protricity's signature sound, which i love. Great job on this one

Flawless.....this was just simply a masterpeice. This is up there with GameOver's Lil Mac's Confession as the best vocal videogame remix's ever in my opinion. It's so professional, and as good quality wise as some of the big star hits I have heard coming out. Great Job

I've never played a megaman game, and I've never heard this song before, but I can't tell you how amazed I was. This is wonderful. A great rythym with such hilarious [ I laughed,quite hard ] lyrics,sung so well! You have a great voice and a superb sence of sound and style. It's so professional sounding, like something I'd turn on the radio and hear. One of those ones that automatically becomes a big hit and then everybody is playing it and then it gets over played and everyone hates it for awhile,but then it makes a dramatic comeback and is loved forever and always.

Certain parts made me think of Sonic games, for some reason totally beyond me. Maybe the chords or something. Anywho, the song, in general, was just... wow. I can't critque certain parts because the only instrument I play is a woodwind , so I can't really go into detail. To be blunt: it rocked. I already adored your other works [namely theincrediblesingingrobot, which i find myself humming constantly now], and I can add this one to the collection.

So very awesome. Salzman is my hero.

I know the lyrics aren't supposed to have much to do with Megaman X specifically, but considering the ambiguous relationship between X and Zero, "I'll be Player One and you be Player Two" is a little awkward. XD

Still, it's all in good fun. Yay!

Uhm.....is this some kinda shot at people who play Mega Man games, or just people who buy video game strategy guides? Either way, I don't see the point of using the lyrics for the remix to the ending credits of the first Mega Man X game.

The remix itself was truly awesome, especially how the Capcom logo sound was incorporated at the right time. But I'm not sure where you were going with the lyrics, honestly. You gave more serious and thoughtful lyrics, based upon one of the game's characters, even, to the Chrono Trigger mix, so when I saw this one had been released, I was expecting the same.

But everyone has their own style, and like I said, the remix itself was good. Any chance of getting pure version of it?

No, I'm pretty sure I don't like this song at all. Production value was great, no doubt about that. I just don't think that this particular song was the right one for the given lyrics. That and this song was WAY too popish for my taste. I know some people like this happy-touchy-feely-snuggle-bunny sounding stuff, but I sure don't.

To me, the original credit rolling song was all about, well, the end of a long struggle. The beginning solo track sounds rather forlorn to me. This remix clearly does not reflect that.

Again, not a bad song by any means, and yes, the guy can sing. It just doesn't float my boat. I believe that there are several other remixes on this site that deserve such acclaim but only got a simple "recommended".

One of the good things about this site is that ANY style of music can be submitted and appreciated while not catering to a particular taste. Kudos to the creator for doing something definitely different. It just didn't tickle my fancy.

Just my $0.02.

This is currently my favorite song I have, I've played it back to back already and thats nearly unheard of for me.

Same here. I never put songs on repeat, but I found myself listening to this song more than a few times easily the first night I downloaded it.

I don't know, the intro lyrics open up the song as amateurish, especially with the repeating of "to you." The music is good, but I'm definitey not sold on the lyrics.

I downloaded this when it was released, but didn't listen to it after the first or second time. Now a while after listening to it I look at some reviews to see what other people thought and was trying to understand what people saw. After listening to just the intro I deleted it, then when I saw the reviews I restored it and listened to it all the way, but I'm still not sold on the lyrics.

awesome song! great lyrics, definately a 10/10. just a week ago I was listening to this MIDI and thinking how cool a remix of it would be, I was going to give it a try but this came and I love it. Star should continue writing songs with lyrics, he has a great talent for it. If you know me you knowq that I spend about 7-15 hours a day listening to remixes and working on my own, I play this song about 5 times a day now, I really like it. Great job star!

Vine Whitefire

Alrighty! Wow, now that's a song that put me in a very good mood!!! Yes sir! The lyrics are very well though off (yes they are!). The song is good and the mix is just increadible! Wait a go Star Salzman!!!

(Oh, and for the record, since I have so bad hears, I won't give it a perfect note... Instead, I'll give it a 9.99 on 10) :)

Hehehe...

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01149 - Mega Man X "Dreams Come True"