OCR01149 - Mega Man X "Dreams Come True"

djpretzel

• 1 month later...

It's a great song. Kinda strange, but I do find it to be kinda the gamer's love song. WAAAY up there for me though. Great stuff you. I can just see two people sitting in front of the TV, SNES controllers in hand playing a golden oldie there listening to this song. That's just me though.

Latz

• 2 weeks later...

*just slides in a couple months late his review*

@.@ brilliant. loved it. will steal your talent and leave you a mummified shadow of your talented self.

... once i have all the OC Remixers talents... i shall either be unstoppable, or even more insane than i already am.

I downloaded it about a week ago, and while I don't agree with the praises of it's "uberness," I will say that I enjoyed the music arrangement of the MMX1 ending theme. I just guess the vocal's added unnecessarily to the song bring it down in my mind...No offense to the singer or concept. I just don't grove vocals in remixes :-)

This remix certainly does justice to what has always been one of my favorite MegaMan themes. The musicianship and production are absolutely splendid.

The content of the lyrics is irrevelant to me, as this is a video game remix. I felt the usage of the vocals was very well-conceived, as the alterations in tempo worked quite well, and they faded in and out at just the right times (specifically near the end of the song).

I consider this to be a very fine mix.

I must say I'm amused at anyone who said they couldn't find the original theme within the remix, as they must have somehow skipped past the nearly 2-minute instrumental that is almost an exact recreation of the original theme.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Musically complete, with excellent instrumention and great vocals (voclas? [sic]). This remix just keeps moving in predictable pop sensibility, which makes for satisfying tunage everytime. Yet try to compare this to any song of recent professional release and you will find that free is always better. Tongue in cheek, humorous lyrics which hit home for any gamer mix with exciting lead and drum work that only Star can pull off. Great work.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wonderful. I especially liked the Capcom fanfare in the middle of the song--it's good memories. I never got to hear the original, since I couldn't beat that damned spider. But if this is, as I read, a mostly original tune, props to you, friend.

I'm not usually one for vocals; I think pop artists today are too focused on textual poetry rather than musical poetry. However, this is funny and cute (fute?) when I don't take it literally, and even when I do, it's saying some good things. Congratulations, and don't listen to people who don't listen to you. Protricity has a good point.

Awesome!

• 3 weeks later...

I generally do enjoy Star's vocal mixes. In fact, I think the only one I didn't like at all was the Space one. In contrast, his Mega Man X one is my favorite. He used the original tune as a foundation for what became his own song. It never strays far enough that the Mega Man isn't recognizable (for those of us that DID beat the Spider Boss), but is new and refreshing and thus keeps us interested. His lyrics are hilarious, but when presented this way somehow make me feel like I'm listening to comments on the soul. Wonderfully done, brilliantly put together, a masterpiece remix through and through.

Can't wait to hear his next vocal piece. Oh, and nice with the Capcom fanfare. Go Capcom, yeah!

Zipp

• 2 months later...

This is currently my all-time favorite OCRemix. There are some remixes that have great flavor -- immediately listenable, even if they don't have lasting appeal or depth. There are others that have soul -- unique and important remixes, even if they won't make your mix tape. Here's one with flavor and soul. It's sweet pop from an inspired hand. No empty production here.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Awesome, AWESOME music. Nothing bad at all can be said about the music. Sadly, the lyrics caught a bad case of wedon'tfititis. The rhythm had to get twisted up about 8 or 9 times too many. Doesn't nearly kill the song, but keeps it from being the new Little Mac's Confession. Awesome, though.

8.0/10

• 3 months later...

so you made this awesome remix dude. I just commented on your Cid/undersea palace remix. I didn't know you made this awesome remix, but then again wouldn't surprise me. You have taken my favorite Megaman melody of all time into something AMAZING, I love it!! The break in this I dig the most dude! The vocals I really don't care for, but the lyrics I find a bit funny. Great work here dude!!

Star Salzman never ceases to amaze me. Just when I think he's outdone himself, he goes and does it again. This is a very good mix. In fact, it's one of the best here as far as originality goes. Top-notch work yet again by Star.

Mostly my opinion too. The Incredible Singing Robot was one of the hilarious lyricremix I've ever heard of, but it's also interesting when Star decides to do something more serious. It's just too bad I haven't discovered this gem sooner, something like this cannot just slip out of your hands.

Although I'm not the biggest fan of pop-music since the majority are boys singing about love, girls and....girls, I'm still not thinking about it when I'm listening to this. Star has picked up a very caring subject for us, the challenge to save the world in only 2 dimensional places. Although the lyrics are supposed to be about the importance of not needing to finish the game, Salzman also manages to throw in some humor in it too. I laughed so hard about the 9.99 part.

Then the music, it's popppish as popcorn alright, but the opening with the piano is niiiice. Star's voice is an important instrument, he actually has some real good talent, if were to play it on my school, they would NEVER think that this melody is from MegaMan. If they pay more attention to the lyrics maybe, but this is as many already said professional sounding popmusic. Indeed excellent work. The addings of electric guitar and Capcom preludes was sweeeeet, and this arrangement has just leaped up to my absolute greatest remix list.

Excellent...no....Marvelous....no.....Outstandingly well done Salzman!!!!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01149 - Mega Man X "Dreams Come True"