FAC - Fan Art Competition 30: Steam Punk *RESULTS ARE IN*

bonzai!

Other people feel this way? I know I asked earlier this month if the deadline was alright with people's schedules, and didn't really hear any yay's or nay's. But I'd be more than happy to extend the deadline from this Sunday, November 22nd, to the following Sunday, November 29.

If this is something other people want, please let me know! (Also know if I extend the deadline and receive abysmally few entries, you will feel my wrath >:3)

Sounds good to me. I really wanna see what people come up with, steampunk is something I love but have trouble drawing myself. I might even try and get a sketch done to share at least XD I had this great idea that I totally don't have time to do well. (Anyone here play Spindizzy? x3)

On a sorta unrelated note, is it ok for me to put a link to my deviantArt account in my sig? I'm editing a sig for OCR and I was wondering. (I have some game fanart and a more finished versions of some of my FAC entries there~)

I had an idea, but working on my novels, short stories, and work in general has kept me busy.

New Topic ideas:

- Any and all fighting games are open to usage. 2D, 3D, old, new, mainstream (Street Fighter and its many incarnations, King of Fighters, etc.), obscure (Revengers of Vengeance, Fighting Masters, etc.)... if it's a game where fighting is the law of the land (or at least the majority of what the game's about), it's fair game. Stick with one game, one franchise, or mix and match a dozen of them... whichever floats your boat.

- Open it up to anything game related to get people back into it. Doesn't matter if its Castlevania, MegaMan, Final Fantasy, Diablo... as long as the picture is based on a game, it can be entered.

I don't think we were going to have the FAC in December as it was, (what with final exams/holiday commitments) so we could just leave December as an open invitation to start, improve, or finish current steampunk entries. And either way start the competition fresh in the new year?

I don't think we were going to have the FAC in December as it was, (what with final exams/holiday commitments) so we could just leave December as an open invitation to start, improve, or finish current steampunk entries. And either way start the competition fresh in the new year?

I think this is a good idea. :o I mean, it seems like people had ideas, but not enough time to do them, and December is just gonna get busier.

I'd be kinda sad to just do a challenge that's like, "Draw this game!" That's boring to me...I dunno, I like the idea of working within a theme that lets you choose the game but has to meet other criteria. Also, that way people who haven't played certain games can still participate, you know?

(Also testing my sig~)

I think I'm just going to let November's competition spill over into December. Rambo's right, I highly doubt things are going to get less busy for people this month.

Would you guys like me to set a formal deadline with a voting period and a winner, or would you just prefer to post entries to the thread throughout the month and we'll have a spanking new theme (like maybe some that The Coop suggested) come January 2010? The latter would be more chill, no pressure, just submit whatever, whenever.

Hahaha, I don't think this is your fault as a theme picker, Chiral (nice sig btw). I enjoy the open themes too, as opposed to the game specific themes.

I just figured if it was wide open like my second suggestion, it might get people interested enough to do something. Perhaps finish a picture they started in a past competition, but never got to finish (or submit), start something new that they've wanted to draw, but the theme chosen never lined up with it... you know, stuff like that.

God knows I wish I had seen the Blizzard competition in time, as I thought of a great image to make, but it was too late.

Actually, now that I've written that, perhaps it could simply be to draw something from a past competition's theme.

I think I'm just going to let November's competition spill over into December. Rambo's right, I highly doubt things are going to get less busy for people this month.

Would you guys like me to set a formal deadline with a voting period and a winner, or would you just prefer to post entries to the thread throughout the month and we'll have a spanking new theme (like maybe some that The Coop suggested) come January 2010? The latter would be more chill, no pressure, just submit whatever, whenever.

Hahaha, I don't think this is your fault as a theme picker, Chiral (nice sig btw). I enjoy the open themes too, as opposed to the game specific themes.

That works for me. If people wanna do the steampunk thing they can or just submit whatever, whenever as The Coop says, that's cool as long as it motivates people to draw I guess XD

But I'll love you more if you draw me steampunk. :(

(Thanks bonzai! <3 I had made a similar sig for an ffxi forum that's not active anymore, so I figured it was going to waste not being used somewhere!)

BULLSHIT! STEAMPUNK IS ONLY HARD IF YOU MAKE IT THAT WAY! GRRR!

Actually I had an absolutely great idea for it and found a rather easy way to execute it. I got no time at all though, lotsa projects to finish first.

Well, I'll only have time to draw/whatever in 2 weeks, i.e. when most finals have been handed in...

Bumpity bump.

Are you guys working on your steampunk and/or other assorted pics? I've been working on my idea, turned into a bigger project than I expected XD Trying to make metal actually look like metal is my goal this time.

If it's not done in time I'll just share the wip, heh

• 2 weeks later...