Dragon Age: Origins

Arcana

Oh. I thought it was to point out that a lot of people are mistakenly calling it a trilogy. Because I checked and it isn't necessarily going to be one; people have just assumed it will be because of Mass Effect. There will be a Dragon Age 2, (as if you couldn't tell from the ending) but there aren't any further games slated after that.

That actually makes my speculation less likely to come true, because unless it becomes a major plot point right from the beginning, it's going to be tough to squeeze "The Maker is actually a demon or a myth" into just one more game, rather than two. I'm still banking on it, though.

Another blatant NWN2 analogy: Both Morrigan and Elanee stalk you early in the game, and both of them are shapeshifter classes to boot.

Well now, that's a little unfair. Morrigan watches you for maybe half an hour, and only when you start getting near her home and she has good reason to be wary. Elanee, on the other hand, is a creepy voyeur who's been looking through your window every day since you were born and probably has more than a few pairs of your underwear.

If you want another comparison, I give you Leliana as the cheerful, plucky, female rogue. Although that's not so much a Neverwinter Nights 2 thing as an "every BioWare game ever" thing. Imoen, Alora, Mission Vao, Mira, (she's rogue-ISH) Neeshka and now this.

yes i am seething with rage right now

i just think it's kind of funny/sad that you can be pissed off at the fact that there's a sequel in the making for a game you dislike. does it seriously matter that much to you? maybe instead of posting here you should send a mail to bioware about how they shouldn't make a sequel because you didn't like this game very much.

SPOILER:

Uh, yeah? Loghain basically ruined Alistair's life. The only thing he had going for him was the Grey Wardens, and Loghain retreating disrupted that. It also got the King killed, and caused a power struggle that almost tore the country in two. So I can see why Alistair did not like you letting him live.

SPOILER:

Uh, yeah? Loghain basically ruined Alistair's life. The only thing he had going for him was the Grey Wardens, and Loghain retreating disrupted that. It also got the King killed, and caused a power struggle that almost tore the country in two. So I can see why Alistair did not like you letting him live.

This is why it really annoyed me that Riordan left it so damn late to tell you that the person who kills the archdemon will die. If he'd mentioned that earlier, you could (possibly) placate Alistair by simply saying "OK, we let him live so he can be the fall guy." Evil dude still gets brought to justice and neither of us has to die or sire an eldritch abomination. Happy ending with no ominous undertones!

Man, I sure hope everyone reading this is using the default forum skin.

We should petition to either get some proper spoiler tags or bring size 0 text back.

I think it's also that if you think about it, there's really not that much direct plot in this game - a lot of it is spent in the middle with the "side quests" of recruiting your allies, which while pertinent, can take a really long time.

Also I don't understand why people are saying this game is super easy. Did they all roll mages as main characters or something? I'm getting my ass kicked even on normal mode, because I get overwhelmed with enemies and can't kill enemy casters fast enough.