*NO* SimCity 2000 'The Crawling Man' *FT*

GrayLightning

Extremely unique. The original is a typical happy game sounding piece. Israfel turns it into a very provoking orchestral mix. The amount of complexity in this mix is amazing and typical of israfel's work. Great strings, choir and sound effects usage. I think what does this for me are the authentic percussion compositions coupled with instrumental effects.

The timpani line reminds me of those great spooky scenes from 60s and 70s tv shows. The heavy vibrato choir adds even more to the autheticity of this piece. Which was typical for Hollywood music in that time period.

Production, composition and arranging are all well above the line. The question is this too avant garde for OC? I don't think so. While this may not be the most accessible mix, I don't think it's that hard to appreciate. Like the recent Mana mix, I think people will ultimately end up enjoying this. I have no technical reason to decline this mix. Good stuff.

YES

extremely repetitive. Its one string pluck and violin riff that repeats like 30 times. On top of that, a bunch of sound effects. Some percussive, some just... there. The strings are allready not following any key to start with. As they continue, no key is established.

There are a lot of sound effects towards the middle. They are just layered on there. Eventually we hear some completely off key and clashing vocals. Shortly following that, some off key harp glissando sound effects.

Now some door opening sound effects...

Now more repitition.

and more repetition.

Very very loosely based on the cool original.

Weak ass ending.

Song doesnt even approach ocr standards as far as I'm concerned. Sorry.

NO

I'm going to side with Prot here. This is just really repetitive as far as OCR standards go. I like the sounds, and the texture, and the arrangement is really neat in its atonality, but I think that some more interesting things could be done with the timpani and the strings as the mix progresses; as it stands, those parts are a bit stagnant.

Nice work, but I'm gonna go with a NO, because of the lack of evolving arrangement. :(

Israfel definitely should have heard back about this submission a long time ago; this sincerely is a mix that "fell through the cracks", big time.

An obviously unexpected and different interpretation of the original. Polytonal is cool depending on how it's carried out. The texture and instrumentation are there, but the arrangement - not the artsy composition - is the weak point as I see it, considering that it's a single motif spread thin over four minutes without much progression from beginning to end.

I admit I'm a little biased against this in waiting for his Shivers mix to be submitted and posted, but to me it seems that Michael was more or less having fun with this arrangement and didn't take it as seriously as his other works, which are stronger.

NO