OCR00411 - Final Fantasy VIII "Breezy Beats"

Ginnsu

Final Fantasy VIII 'Breezy Beats'

I just love this bass line, the piano, and the soft choir in this mix. I know a lot of people prefer to stay away from the techno stuff with 303’s and such, but for me, this is where it’s at. All you people can throw a book at me if you want to but my message for Orkybash will always be "This is lovely, keep up the good work." And for all you people who do dig the techno thing: One word! "Download!"

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

How someone could take such a boring song as Breezy and turn it into something so nifty is beyond me. Faster tempo than the original Breezy, with neato angelic chorus sound in the back and a cool little robotic "wah" sound. Hands down my favorite FF8 remix. Grats! 9.5 out of 10.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I like those chimes you have together with that guitarsynth, which by the way sounds suspiciously similiar to he original. Orky gives us what the name says, a chill remix of our breezy little FF8track with some cool beats to it, and at the same time throwed in some anti-stress instruments, those strings was beautiful.

Orkydude, nice work.

• 2 years later...

Overall a pretty good remix that changes it up just enough to be different from the original, but it seems like it played it pretty safe. The pads are nice, the bass gets a little repetitive, and the beats are nice.

The guitar sounds almost exactly as it did in game which is +1 for nostalgia, -1 for taking the song to the next level.

Enjoyable and relaxing.

• 1 year later...

Tranquil and danceable at the same time? I consider that a rare combination.

I can't remember the original source, but I definately like what I hear here. Sure, it starts running on its own fumes somewhere in the last half, but the main thing is that it makes it to its destination. Personally, I thought the recipe of the breathy pads, the piano and the Blast Corps-ish bassline was such a treat, I could have listened to it a lot more. But in terms of the mix itself, it's probably best it ends when it does.

This is a bit of a favourite of mine in terms of understated, harmless mixes.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00411 - Final Fantasy VIII "Breezy Beats"
  • 1 year later...