Dragon Warrior Project - Claim tracks, send WIPs, yeah?

Monobrow

Okay guys, I started some project art today. Here is a small WIP I whipped up. I am having just a little bit of trouble with some of the characters, as images of them are kind of hard to find on the internet! (DQ III Male AND Female Classes anyone?)

dq3WIP.png

What I am going for is basically a more "American" version of the DQ games. Kind of like the old box art. This is VERY rough so yeah, no critiquing really necessary at this point, however as time goes on and I show more (it will probably be shown in the project forums, don't want to give TOO much away :D) I would appreciate some input.

So basically expect a moree "Dungeons and Dragons" type of art, old skool fantasy stuff.

Anyway, what I WOULD like from people is for you to provide me with some inspirational art, your favorite fantasy art type stuff, just link it here and give me a looksie, and also if anyone can find some really good versions of obscure DQ Character and Monster Art (official or non-official) please do so, it would help a lot, because I find myself spending more time looking for references on what the characters look like than actually drawing anything :(

Thanks again guys1

dq36.png

ok here is a small update on DQ3 soldier

Basically the three or four of them or however many characters I cram in there will be fighting a dragon of maybe a wyvern or something... Either myself or someone else will draw this. If you are good at drawing dragons and want to make my time a little easier and want to draw the dragon in this picture for me, give me a holla.

Anyway I will probably not show any updates on art for a while, but I just want to give you dudes a rough sketch of what it will look like.

And get those WIPS in by 3-20 plz :D

dq36.png

ok here is a small update on DQ3 soldier

Basically the three or four of them or however many characters I cram in there will be fighting a dragon of maybe a wyvern or something... Either myself or someone else will draw this. If you are good at drawing dragons and want to make my time a little easier and want to draw the dragon in this picture for me, give me a holla.

Anyway I will probably not show any updates on art for a while, but I just want to give you dudes a rough sketch of what it will look like.

And get those WIPS in by 3-20 plz :D

That's a pretty great picture, but there's something sagging out of her skirt

Also, on a serious note, you might want to approach drawing the dragon by finding a decent shot of one and tracing it

Luiza and Stevo kept referring to me as a "shredder" in OCAD, so I just went with it.

Your shredding shredder of a sig shred kicks some serious shred.

I was going to be a technical jerky and transcribe the convo from OCAD showing only the slightest allegation that you were a shredder, but...nah.

All that art is badass, project-related or not. It makes me want to listen to dragonforce, and go watch dragonheart, during the chinese year of the dragon while playing...Lunar: Dragon Song.

soldier1.png

Okay last update for a while on the art.

Check the first post for more details. I hope you all like the direction this is going in. THIS IS VERY ROUGH DO NOT JUDGE ME FOREVERJKALTAK%!!!!!!

PS: After thinking about it, loin cloth or no loin cloth?

I dunno, I think a loin cloth is tacky for a Soldier, but do I really want her ass showing? OH THE DILEMMA!

Edited by Monobrow

On a side note, I may be accepting random dragon art from people to use as icons or whatnot on the website itself. They will be cropped and made smaller as needed, but if anyone would like to work on some dragons for me, go ahead and give it a shot.

I think I have it covered as far as drawing the illustrations I'd like to make for this, but dragons are awesome.