OCR01986 - *YES* Mega Man 2 'Cold Metal'

Palpable

Remixer Name: Willrock

Remix Name: Cold Metal

Games Arranged: Megaman 2

Songs Arranged: Metal Man

Comments:

I recently purchased a Reason 4 upgrade, and was messing around in the Thor synthesizer when I got inspiration to remix the metal man music from the megaman series, in which there seems to be a law that to be half decent remixer, you must have remixed at least one track from the series (a law shared with final fantasy and chrono trigger. And Zelda)

Anyway, I describe this as a techno remix with wacky synth solos. Just like everything else i've done.

On a side note, I would like to thank the guys down at the wip forum for helping me out with this mix as they don't get nearly as much credit for being awesome as they deserve.

Hope you guys enjoy it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.zophar.net/download_file/14303 - "Metal Man"

Not much of a stretch for Will, but an enjoyable take on Metal Man, with the cool soloing we expect from him. I still wish your drums sounded less distant, but I can live with it as a stylized choice. You will have to live with the fact that I've never remixed anything from Mega Man, Chrono Trigger, or Zelda, so there!

I'm running out of things to say about your style! You gotta do something out of left-field next time, like an oboe/Clavinet duet or something. Though by the time you read this, you'll have sent us 12 more songs. :nicework:

YES

This is pretty much straight-up Willrock, which we all know and love. Big emphasis on melodic synths, lots of arps and cool sequencing. I thought the leads could have been more interesting in this one (more vibrato/PWM/filtering), and the acoustic drums could have been successfully replaced with an electronic kit. Also, the production seemed a bit heavy on the mids-highs without a strong bass presence. However, the arrangement itself was great and even with my production complaints, this mix is still above our bar overall.

YES

Sweet, a Willrock mix. I love this kid.

It's been a while since I've played it, but did the intro of this one remind anyone else of Cave Story? It seems like it had that vibe to it.

Anyway.

Uh, well, it sounds like Billy's production has only improved with each sub, so right on, bro! There's not a lot to say here, great synth work, great flow and energy, and clean production. This is probably the coolest remix of this song since the vocal remix competition I remember from way back when of this source - there were some cool things that came from that. But I digress.

AYE LADDIE