OCR01153 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "A Storm in the Desert"

djpretzel

The 'A Storm in a Desert' is absolutly magnificent. When I first heard the main theme to the song of storms I was picturing link on a cliff overlooking Gerudo Valley and Playing the Song of storms. Then the structure of the music starts playing and then I saw clouds forming and the rain start fallng with a little lightning and this storm happening throughout hyrule. Then the Borele of Fire (or however you spell it) kicks in and fires start. After the Borele ends the Song of Storms starts playing again struggling to douse the fires and succeding. Then afterwards the song slows down and leads into the prelude of light. I love every second of 'A Storm in a Desert'.

(hope i followed all the guidelines this is my first post)

A Storm in the Desert is simply put: pure beauty. untill the point where the bolero of fire comes in. then it turns into a dramatic heroic march. then fades back into a slightly more suspenceful beautiful part. follows up with a combination. the song becomes quiet... then the theme is played faster than before, and faster and faster. more quiet notes. then a dramitic impact with the perfect ending. kudos to you Unknown

'A Storm in the Desert' is a very nicely done song. The introduction is soft, and then the song grabs attention at 00:39 when the main melody kicks in. I'd stuck this on my playlist but hadn't noticed it was on, but that part got me listening.

The song alternates between simple piano parts and orchestral parts, which to me gives it an almost epic feel to it. Also, the different songs are blended together very well, flowing from one to the next without any jarring. Nicely done. I also like how as the song progresses, the tempo picks up. It gets faster, then slower, then faster again. I think that adds to the whole epic feel. I do wish the ending chord was just a couple seconds longer and faded away more rather than just stopping, just to bring the listener back down.

Unknown has taken the simple ocarina songs and made them something very beautiful. This song is definitely staying on my playlist.

This is quite the remix. I love it, and the slipping in of Ravel's "Bolero" into the "Bolero of Fire" was simply awesome. Spiffy work here. Go download "Bolero" and listen how the artist masterfully integrates its main theme into Zelda's theme through the transposing of it into a minor-sounding key. Fantastic.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've always loved the teleportation songs, so this was a real treat to hear for me. Excellent mix, man. Keep it up!

BTW, way to go tk1337 for picking up the bit of Ravel's 'Bolero' slipped in there- I thought i was the only one who listened to classical & techno out there. And if bonerxsxex means the song from "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory," then yes, i guess it does kind of sound like it. Weird, no?

• 3 weeks later...

This has got to be one of the best mixes I have ever heard. I mean, in my opinion this is on par with Darkesword's "Ancient Hero" mix. I didn't even notice bolero hidden in the song, but the fact that it's there and so well tied in speaks all the more. top marks here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Starting things off with a slow rendition of the Song of Storms, Unknown brings the listener into familiar territory before venturing out to create a unique atmosphere that blends the Storm and Bolero of Fire themes together.

While the brass and string sections are the main instruments of choice here, there's a nice piano segment that comes in around 2:06 and sets the pace for a beautiful transition into the Bolero of Fire theme.

After a nice marching drumbeat, the string and piano sections come back around 3:26, and gradually build up to a nice finish with the Song of Storms at 3:58.

Beautifully executed, this is a definite must-have for any Zelda fan! :D:D:D

(And if you like this first movement in the Artifact of Power series, then you should check out the other three at vgmix. I guarantee you won't be disappointed!)

• 2 weeks later...
does the first minute of this remind anyone else of Pure Imagination ?

I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't of said but yes, can see a similarity.

Delightful remix, I always thought of Song of Storms as a nicely comical piece but the orchestral arrangement of it was quite beautiful. Requiem of spirit and Song of storms were lovely ocarina tunes, and you mde Bolero sound much better too. Triumphant work!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

w00t!! this is definately a musthave tune... first time i was a bit skeptical, but those are all of my fav tunes!! i still play Ocarana just for kicks.... the songs kick @$$ too... yes.... i couldn't really tell, was that a tuba/baritone or a Trombone near the end? oh well, both are awesome powerful instruments...

man we gotta do that one in classical band!! hehe

when i grow up i wanna be a music teacher!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Mmm. This is *almost* really, really good... all the individual parts of it are brilliant. Unfortunately, IMO, all those parts put together leads to something that's a bit chaotic and unstructured. It never seems to go anywhere. It doesn't seem to *mean* anything, which is a pity, because there's so much potential.

That said, I'm going to check out the other pieces in the series. Right now...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

bonerxsxex I have to agree with you, it DOES sound like Pure Imagination... A very interesting mix, it sounds quite epic-like. Unknown didin't have much to mix from, so it had to be pretty difficult... A very good mix... Deffinitly a worthy download. ^_^

• 2 months later...

This stuff is very impressive, really! I played Zelda 64 and remember me of this song. The "wheel-wheel-object-rotation" Theme (The music name is not this). Always powerful is the production of this mix. The instruments are in high quality. The melody is very pleasant and creative. Good, very very good exactly. All right!

Indeed, Very impressive!

Song of Storms was always one of my favourite from OoT

It's great how there's such confident, powerful orchestration and the goes into the suttle piano playing

Sometime near 2:30 it goes to Beloro of Fire, at 2:55 its not over yet, there's some very cool melody over top the Beloro

I especially love hearing Requiem of Spirit only I wish it lasted longer

Anyhoo, GREAT arrangement, Unknown

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01153 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "A Storm in the Desert"