OCR01153 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "A Storm in the Desert"

djpretzel

• 3 weeks later...

An increadible remix. You have taken two of my favorite themes from this game, and have enhanced them beyond words. Truely...I'm at a loss for words. The segment where Bolero of Fire plays stirs up the song into a seemingly infinite wave of rage - which is exactly what Bolero of Fire should be. Song of Storms - I'm most impressed by your work with it. You can truely see a "Storm in the Dessert" as you listen to this.

I can only hope to see even more great works from you! ^_^

• 3 months later...

How do I explain this? This remix is like a pair of shoes that fit perfectly, not too tight, not too loose, comfortable, and stylish. I mean, this remix just makes all the ocarina songs fit together in one delux track perfectly with a great amount of variety in the general atmosphere throughout from a majestic symphonic Song of Time to this suspense built up to the Bolero of Fire part. Variety, utilizing many different base tunes in one remix, and best of all, it just goes together like the green duds on Link!

• 1 month later...

great transitions. I like how the intro comes back at the end with the accelerando and key sig effects. The 'requiem of spirit' theme fits perfectly between the end of the brass and percussion-laden 'bolero of fire' and the 'song of storms'. The 'requiem of spirit' makes one final entrance at the very end of the piece, where the melody is played once after the 'song of storms'. I felt that this completed the piece perfectly.

Great sounding brass samples.

Another great orchestral piece for Unknown. Keep it comin'; I love it.

I remember way back when I used to be in a concert band and played Robert W. Smith's piece called the "Tempest" and "Furioso". I used to think that nothing can top those pieces of that kinda genre.

But this work of art simply amazes me. I've played almost every Zelda game and ended everyone one of them except "4 Swords, Minish Cap, Twilight Princess (not even out yet =P), Oracle of Ages/Seasons and Windwaker2 (also not out yet)"

I'm a huge fan of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask so I must say,

That this piece is definately something I've been looking for, for the longest time. Thank you Unknown for providing the fans out there with one of the most cherished and loved songs partaking the series in OoT. Each bit of the song captured the moment and emotion of the tale of the Hero of Time.

• 3 months later...

This remix is the smoothest most calming song ever. It flows through my heart and leaves a tear in my eye. I could imagine a grand symphony playing this wonderous piece.

In general this remix is so good that if it wasnt on a remix site im sure it would be mistaken for a grand orchestral piece.

Congradulations on your grand song and keep then coming!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Of all the surprises... This was something unexpected but definitely not unwanted. The Windmill Theme (believe that's it in the beginning section) always made me want to dance and jump around and be merry (and generally annoying), but this... it makes me kind of sad. Like there's a person that this song is about and she's just died.

Nice, epic feel, and a very good job on a source (among many) that has yet to leave my conscious brain.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01153 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "A Storm in the Desert"