OCR01932 - Tales of Symphonia "Pixelated Tales"

djpretzel

This is great! For some odd reason, these sounds remind me of Synth1. I do like the lead there and how the rhode chords play off each other. The synth textures are pretty cool, and also like the little Primo style break between 2:45 and 2:55. Although this form of electronica is not my type, the way this is composed and the use of synthwork is amazing. I wouldn't recommend having the treble all the way up when listening to it as the synth-lines would mash up alot, but all in all, quite decent.

8/10

Strange, I don't really recognize the source off the bat - perhaps I forgot it since it has been a while.

This really has a happy sound to it - for some reason though, I feel like this song could've taken things further and just was too short. I would've liked to see some more development like the tail part of this mix, as it was promising more to the song and then it just ends.

I really have been looking forward to seeing this posted. I don't know why it didn't make it onto SoS as a main track, I think it was just as good, if not better, than a lot of the ones on there.

You've got a very bubbly, sugary-sweet atmosphere going on that makes me smile, and I can't help but hum along to that bassline whenever I listen. So good! :-D

Thank all for the comments.

About the influences for this one, I started to make a basic, kraftwerk-like electro song at the beginning of my mixing, hence the basic bassline and spacey and pitch-change effects. As I worked on this, I want to turn it into something more happy and fuller sounding, like old school dance electro and for that I used model 500, I-F and others as a reference.

In the end it ended up sounding more full than a kraftwerk song but less dancey than old school danceclub electro like, so I decided to add an ending that was true to my kraftwerk inspiration.

Sorry if all that sounds confusing!

Many people didn't like the ending, but I'm happy they liked the rest of song :). Thank you very much all.

And no my last name isnt Schneider, but my name is Ralf ^_^. Sorry for the bad english!

Oh so bubbly, I'm liking this. You can hear the amount of detail that was put into this, and the result is all the better for it. I love that the song even sounds like a bunch of pixels, and it's not easy to achieve an almost visual out of a piece of music.

Ending doesn't suit my tastes, but Showroom Dummy has his reasons for it, so I won't fault his creative choice. Nice work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What I liked about this was the overall 'happy' sound of it. The world can definitely use more music that puts a smile on people's faces. However, I felt this was also rather repetitive, particularly the beginning. It could just be the nature of the genre or what Showroom was going for, I'm not too sure, but in that case I can't really fault them or the song. I just know that it didn't really do it for me. The ending kind of confused me as well.

I'd still recommend people giving it a listen before writing it off. Looking at what other people say about this song, one can easily see that it's mostly well received.

• 4 weeks later...

I'll admit that I don't really care for this one. The synths, especially that continuing bass throughout, feel extremely loud and grating on my ears. They also overshadow the melody greatly.

The mood & atmosphere themselves aren't too bad though, very peppy and energetic. Definitely a good times mix.

Ultimately though, I recommend just go listen to this and decide for yourself.

• 2 years later...

Cool happy tune that brings up a smile once the main melody kicks in. Some of the samples came off a bit loud, but that's no huge deal to me. I hear a bit of Sonic-like qualities in this mix, and that's great. Chip tunes and happy, bubbly music, it's like PB and J. Digging the ending as well.

• 1 year later...

Fun mix for a fun track. I never get tired of either. ^_^

The music gives me a feeling of exploration and cheerful optimism, with a few moments of cautious reflection such as at 3:30. All in all, a pleasure to listen, carrying a vibe very much like the game. c:

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01932 - Tales of Symphonia "Pixelated Tales"