OCR01154 - Linus Spacehead "Space Drifter"

djpretzel

I think this is one of the best mixes ever posted. The reason is that it's DIFFERENT. it follows a different style than the same old tired cliche techno crap that gets posted time and time again. people struggle with difference because it's harder to understand. oh well, i dont credit many people for being as smart as me.

great work.

I think this is one of the best mixes ever posted. The reason is that it's DIFFERENT. it follows a different style than the same old tired cliche techno crap that gets posted time and time again. people struggle with difference because it's harder to understand. oh well, i dont credit many people for being as smart as me.

great work.

Thanks but DON'T BASH TECHNO :|

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I like how the mood transitions from relaxing to bouncy and back again without dropping the space drifting vibe it has going for it. The synth fade-ins, fade-outs, and reverb are all lovingly polished. Add the percussion sprinkles and choir icing to the mix and this takes the cake. No lie.

Also, I don't care if DS has used it before; that's one sexy sax.

• 1 year later...

hi2u obscure game! Sortof decent track on it's own, if a bit vanilla, and the arrangement does feature some cool ideas, but some of the samples haven't held up so well, and the second half doesn't expand enough on the ideas set forth in the first half. The sax patch is a little shaky in some spots, and sounds very mechanical, but it works. The synths sounded really nice though, and were a strong point.

Probably one of my least favorite DS mixes, but still pretty competent.

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh, I love this song. It pops up on my mp3 player every once in a while and I always stop and listen in. Darkesax is very effectively used here as the lead and duet parts. This really does feel like it should be a remix from a spacegame (I haven't played it, so I'm making assumptions). Great key change at 1:55 as well. The guitar sample underneath is probably the weakest point, production wise, but it's pretty low in the soundfield and not a major player, so no big deal. Good stuff as usual from Darke.

• 10 months later...

I played this song three times in a row when I first heard it. :) I don't remember the original score from this game (its been a long time), so I don't know how well this holds to the original. Regardless this song is amazing and it feels like the start of a grand adventure.

• 3 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01154 - Linus Spacehead "Space Drifter"
  • 2 years later...