OCR01934 - Street Fighter II "The Masked Man"

djpretzel

A high energetic track, I personally have the feeling that Vega's soundtrack should be more akin to this. I've wondered when we'd get something with such a vibe here on OCR. Great job! I am wondering, though, what happened to the other tracks. Was there a forum thread on trackitdown or something? Becaue I (and with me a lot of people I think) am really curious to hear what the others have remixed. Who was the winner anyway?

I'm going to be a little bit of a downer on this and say this didn't really click with me as much as it seems to be with everyone else. However, I think there are some outside reasons to it. 1 - I was never into fighter games, and therefore am unfamiliar with the source. 2 - I played trumpet for years, so hearing it like this, despite that it works for this specific mix, is hurting my (not very present anymore) trumpet pride. 3 - I'm hungry.

BUT - I do like this! I just am not as wowed as I'd like to be. Some pretty awesome stuff that is going on is the fact that Justin is really expanding his groove to new levels, and I can bet that in not too many mixes he will be rocking this out very well. Secondly, as usual, Justin really knows how to fill the entire soundfield well, and it really helps this mix have that epic feel that people are commenting on.

Keep them coming, Justin!

Like with his to-be-posted Xenogears remix, it's great to see Nutritious branching his style out while still retaining some of the classic orchestral-goodness that he's so good at :-) Tempo changes were a bit strange and I don't think they were done as adeptly as possible, but aside from the transitions I enjoyed each individual section. There were a few moment of really clever percussion work in here, but towards the end it kind of lost steam :|

You really expanded on a few good ideas and trekked through some uncharted waters, stylistically-speaking, so kudos on that! :-D

I like the intro, like its a radio fading in. Still for the longest, it felt to me like it was like a very "narrow" mix. It feels like its constantly building up for some grand finale but never quite gets there.

It's good, I like it, but it just doesn't do a lot to leave a lasting impression on me. Really the only thing aurally interesting here is the tempo changes, nothing much else...

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01934 - Street Fighter II "The Masked Man"