Starfox Remix - Corneria Airspace UPDATED to 0.981 Jan 14th

The Biznut

UPDATE Jan 14th 2010

Corneria Airspace 0.981

Getting closer. Need to make it a bit louder, would like to find a better bassline synth. What else?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE: Spent a few hours improving this mix last night. Modified the bassline, adjusted the volumes, EQ'd and REQ'd some stuff, added some synth pads. All of this *SHOULD* make for an improved track...

You tell me.

Corneria Airspace 0.8.5

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This remix was birthed out of an OHC entry over at thasauce.net. I've been at it for a while and figured it was time to get some additional feedback.

Its the Corneria theme from Starfox, and it's a techno remix of sorts.

Corneria Airspace Remix v0.8.1

Please comment! Thanks all.

I echo L99.

That "Good Luck" in the beginning is kinda cheesy. If you want to keep it go ahead, but I feel like the mix can do without it.

Also, it's repetitive on some parts. So if you cut some stuff out and lower the bitrate, this can stay within the limit of submission size (8 MB, because yours is 15 MB and way too big right to sub to OCR)

Also on that very first synth is kinda loud, you should EQ the high frequency on that.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I call this go for Mod review(didn't mean for that to sound pompous, just goin with the flow of the joke 99 had started lol xD).

First off I want to say this is a cool idea. It's got a nice club FEEL to it, club SOUND though, could use a little work and heres why:

The intro synth doesn't sound meaty enough to me sounds kinda airy like it's all high end and not enough mid or low. I say beef it up a bit more by turning up the mid and some of the lower frequencies not a lot though as you don't want the synth to start interfering with the kick and bass instruments, or you could maybe layer that synth with another one that's more saw'ish, layering's a good beef up tactic

The crash that comes in is kinda too high meaning on the frequency spectrum it hurts the ears a little bit, so tone that down. And when a lot of the elements jump in on that 26-27 mark, everythings sounds so compressed and pushed back, but that pushed back sound could be from the compression. I'm not the know - it - all of compression but I start off with a limiter on the main track. And everything else is compressed individually and I usually turn the threshold knob of the drum stuff in the (-)20 - (-15) with a ratio of around 3:1 and a 45-50 ms attack 450-500 release gives the drums a punch which is what you want in dance but it still does the job compressing. Take it as you will, this may even sound weird to some people but it gives my music a sound that I like.

And in that same mark, compared to everything else, that synth is a tad too loud in my opinion, turn it down some.

1:28 - The strings are too quiet in my opinion. Turn them up a bit more I'm not sure if theres a harmonizing part or an octave playin with the strings but I can barely hear it especially when everything starts to come in that 2:13 mark.

Anyways balancing and compression were my main issues with this, overall though I like it. You should switch to the mod review tag if you feel like this is close to being submitted as Emunator and halc can give you some insight to the mix as well, they're very helpful. Good luck with this dude I like it.