OCR01935 - Lost Odyssey "A Mighty Enemy on the Battlefield"

djpretzel

These guys definitely know how to rock- a totally badass track. Those triplets in the rhythm guitar at 1:33 are so great. Definitely a \m/ moment. I hope a lot of people check out this track despite it not being FF or Chrono. It Uematsu, so it might get the attention it deserves.

Either way, way to pwn, guys, totally excellent track. Mighty indeed.

I'm impressed by the guitar playing throughout the track. Not only does it shred quite well, but the tone works just right in the mix. The harp usage was also a nice subtle touch that I wouldn't have imagined working as well as it did, great job. Overall this entire song has a good exciting feel to it that makes it pretty enjoyable to listen to.

I do have to agree with everyone on the orchestral hits, they seem very out of place in the track, and really is somewhat of a letdown as the ending. Doesn't kill the mix, but not the best of choices either. Other than that, great stuff!

Whoa.

So one of the things that grabs me here is the individual sections - lots of nice individual ones. On the other hand, I'm mixed with how the song shifts between these sections. The flow from the transition is fine, but my problem is more with the jarring shifts in its pacing from the slower sections to the more faster ones. The song goes all over the place, and for fighting a mighty enemy as the title suggests, it does fit.

So while I'm not a huge fan of how it panned out in some ways, it definitely does what it sets out to do and does it extremely well. It is an enjoyable listen that will assuredly go on my ipod.

Like others have said before me, the orchestra hit was a poor teen life decision. Not a big fan of the fake choirs that start the song off either, but I got used to them as they fell into the background.

Can't complain about anything else though. Guitar work is top-notch, and the drums and synth accompany it well. Good arrangement, and good mix overall.

• 3 weeks later...

The more I listen to this, the more I like it. This mix puts the "heavy" in heavy metal. That feeling of slow weightiness permeating the mix really helps create a dire tense atmosphere.

I also like the textures going on here, each with their own feel and syncing up at just the right moments. Also, this welcomely feels more melody driven than some other metal tracks I'm familiar with (which seems more propelled by sheer volume than anything else). This is a really, really cool mix that shouldn't be missed.

• 2 years later...

Metal from the Dual Dragons, I already knew this was going to be a beast of a ReMix, and I was right. A little bit tamed in speed and power compared to the other stuff I've heard from them, but just as good. Those guitars hit hard and the drumming work is wonderful. Everyone else has mentioned the ending, so I don't think I need to, but other than that, an ace performance, fellas.

• 3 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01935 - Lost Odyssey "A Mighty Enemy on the Battlefield"