OCR00412 - Sonic the Hedgehog 2 "Circus Cave"

Ginnsu

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 'Circus Cave'

This mix is one of those ones where you can get that tune stuck in your head so deep that you end up humming it to yourself for the next couple hours because you got nothing else to listen too. So for those of you that get tunes stuck in the empty space above the neck easy, be careful with this one. There is quite a mystic atmosphere in this mix, something I could imagine coming from the end of a long endless cave with bats swooping down and rats on the floor. Don’t ask me what creature keeps a stereo hidden away in a cave though.

• 1 month later...

one of the first OCRs i d/led, this has aged well with time. it’s a good step-up from the original. the cave was one level i hated playing (traps), and the music messed with my mind. Malcos maintains the same cautious air with that sweeping synth present throughout the entire mix, and also turns it into one addictive groove. dig that circus bass

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

The pads are really nice, but the drums seem a little thin, and I'm not sure if the chromatic "circus" line is in the original or not, but if it was, the game sound would totally be turned off. I hate that shit.

The piano near the end added a really nice rhythmic element to the backing chords straight up to the end.

I would enjoy this much more if it just cut the lead part out and was atmospheric. I realize that this is Malcos's mix, but it is frustrating to me as a listener when there is such a sweet mix with something I dislike so strongly in such a prominent position.

Ah well, sorry, I guess it just wasn't meant to be. :-(

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00412 - Sonic the Hedgehog 2 "Circus Cave"