Costa del Sol & Jesters of the Moon

Dissidia

I only got the chance to listen to the Costa del sol one, but from that, it sounds way too close to the source. Very coverish almost to the point of midi-ripping, but I'll not make that allegation.

Your mix is pretty much a flat cover with the added waves and some different instruments. It also doesn't really go anywhere, it just loops twice and then fades out.

I don't want to seem like I'm coming off as harsh, but get some more creativity in there. Switch some things up, add some new supporting instrumentation, have the song change and progress over time. I wish you luck and hope your next revision has some considerable changes! :nicework:

What do you use for that guitar sound?

Anyway, for Costa Del Sol, I dont think the guitar sits will on top of the smooth, dampened sounds you've got going with the rest of the arrangement. If the guitar had something else crisp supporting it, it wouldnt feel as naked when the guitar drops out and the flute picks up.

For these songs I mostly used Halione (including the guitar) and yeah the guitar is a bit to sharp when played with all the smooth sounds. I didn't really put much though into these songs either (don't ask why I uploaded them, I don't know either :razz:). I'm currently thinking of which song I want to remix and how.