The OverClocked Plaid Muffins - Kirby Super Star - Ska Buffet - ACCEPTED!

Level 99

Well, what an interesting turn of events...

Halc messaged me yesterday about the recently cancelled then revived Milkyway Wishes project asking if Ska Buffet could be on it. I told him a tentative yes, pending the Muffins members don't object.

We'd still post the final up here before submitting, and we'd be submitting to OCR as a non-project mix, meaning that if/when accepted, this mix would be allowed to be posted before the project came out. Furthermore, it would be on the project album when it does come out.

Therefore, I open the floor to any objections by the Muffins, though I can't see why anyone would have any. It's like having song be extra featured, but I'm taking the safe route and clearing it before I say yes.

So, what say you, Muffins?

Yeeeeeeeeeeessss. :-)

I was secretly hoping something like this would happen.

But here's an idea to consider: Let OCR have a family friendly radio edit, and let MWW have the unedited version. Maybe?

Yeeeeeeeeeeessss. :-)

I was secretly hoping something like this would happen.

But here's an idea to consider: Let OCR have a family friendly radio edit, and let MWW have the unedited version. Maybe?

This sounds like a good idea. It'd be like the album having a single with radio play... but on the internet. That would be doubly badass.

Well, what an interesting turn of events...

Halc messaged me yesterday about the recently cancelled then revived Milkyway Wishes project asking if Ska Buffet could be on it. I told him a tentative yes, pending the Muffins members don't object.

We'd still post the final up here before submitting, and we'd be submitting to OCR as a non-project mix, meaning that if/when accepted, this mix would be allowed to be posted before the project came out. Furthermore, it would be on the project album when it does come out.

Therefore, I open the floor to any objections by the Muffins, though I can't see why anyone would have any. It's like having song be extra featured, but I'm taking the safe route and clearing it before I say yes.

So, what say you, Muffins?

That sounds pretty good to me. Especially the part about submitting it as a non-project mix. It's also exciting, and would be a great project highlight if its a part of it. I say we go for it. :-o

Looks like most of the Muffins have spoken. The aye's have it: Milkyway will be able to include this song.

I like the idea of submitting the clean version to OCR and having the dirty version on the album/elsewhere. We're gonna go with that plan probably.

I will now go back to having daydreams of an OC Plaid Muffins album...*content sigh*

Ok, it's been awfully busy here and I've not had time to finish the guitar solo. (it's next on the list, promise)

BUT, I've been thinking - if the "muffins" want this to be a multiple song group, I've got some rough sketches of two other tunes that I think we should do.

IMO, of course, and it's probably too far ahead to be thinking about, but, whatever.

the songs:

-Armored Armadillo's stage from Mega Man X

-Wing Cap theme from Super Mario 64

What do you guys think?

Armored Armadillo is just begging to be "ska'd"...

/derail

Read my mind, PR. I'll go get us some private forums to discuss songs and whatnot, instead of further thread derailment. :nicework:

Don't worry about the guitar thing. I've been trying to make something and nothing seems to fit with this song, so I'd rather not force it. It's all good.

Edit: believe me, i was thinking of other songs to do as well. Glad I'm not the only one thinking far ahead.

Ok, it's been awfully busy here and I've not had time to finish the guitar solo. (it's next on the list, promise)

BUT, I've been thinking - if the "muffins" want this to be a multiple song group, I've got some rough sketches of two other tunes that I think we should do.

IMO, of course, and it's probably too far ahead to be thinking about, but, whatever.

the songs:

What do you guys think?

/derail

armored armadillo is going to be FTW.... as for the wing cap theme, I honestly can't see ska there.. hm..

the songs:

What do you guys think?

/derail

You, sir, have teh brilliantness-zors. :D

I'm already excited as is, now. Time to us the excitement to get my part down and record and such! Best to solidify my position. :D

Halc messaged me yesterday about the recently cancelled then revived Milkyway Wishes project asking if Ska Buffet could be on it.

I told him a tentative yes, pending the Muffins members don't object.

Great news. Congrats to Stevo and gang!

Hope you'll also bake some tasty Armored Amadillo Muffins that will be featured on the MMX album too.

TOCPM album, GO! :-D

:shock: Wait, there's a MMX Album in the works!?

Oh yes, and it's shaping up to be pretty brain exploding amazing. :-D

And I have to admit to see the Plaid Muffins on it would make it that much better, so I'll just continue hoping really hard that the Muffins do wind up on it.

I'll go get us some private forums to discuss songs and whatnot.

*cough*