OCR Secret Santa - And...Action!

Bahamut

Copied from my annual wishlist on my LiveJournal. I know it's really long, but it's a list of stuff that I would buy myself if I had the cash to do so. Speaking of cash, there's some rather expensive items on the list, so ignore those if you're not feeling super generous. Items that are more heavily weighted in terms of want are in bold...

I already have some very helpful lists published from Amazon.com, IMDb, and Weaponmasters.com:

Amazon.com wishlist

IMDb list of movies I'd like to buy (DVDs please)

Weaponmasters wishlist

Aside from those, I have some other general things:

--Books-- (preferably unabridged)

The Merry Advantures of Robin Hood by Howard Pyle

Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan

The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer

The Ethics of Ambiguity by Simone de Beauvoir

Meditations on First Philosophy by René Descartes

The Republic by Plato

Les Miserablés by Victor Hugo

Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe

Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift

The Science of Discworld I, II, & III by Terry Pratchett

Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne

Siddartha by Herman Hesse

The Adventures of Tom Saywer by Mark Twain

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain

Things Fall Apart by Chenua Achebe

The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo

Person and Personage by Victor Tournier

Infinity and the Mind by Walter Ong

The Cloud of Unknowing by Anonymous

Musicophila by Oliver Sacks

The Three Musketeers (a series of six books) by Alexander Dumas

(For those books that were written in another language, the original language would mean a lot to me, but I also wouldn't be able to read them... use your best judgement...)

--Music CDs--

Sting - My Funny Valentine (Japanese release/import via Amazon)

Michael Giacchino - Ratatouille (soundtrack)

Howard Shore - Lord of the Rings soundtracks (all of them)

Turtle Island String Quartet - (anything really, since I don't have any of their albums)

Eric Whitacre - (anything really, since I don't have any of his albums)

Astor Piazzolla - (anything really)

Johann Sebastian Bach - (any organ works)

Stevie Wonder - Innervisions (1973)

CDs that contain...

Poulenc - Three Novelettes For Piano

Ravel - String Quartet in F Major

Ravel - Daphnis et Chloé

Debussy - La Mer

Debussy - String Quartet in G minor

Copland - Appalachian Spring

Copland - Arrangement of The Tender Land for orchestra

(If in doubt, look for: the Vienna Philharmonic; the Cleveland Philharmonic; the Academy of St. Martin in the Fields; the Orchestre de la Société des Concerts du Conservatoire; the London Philharmonic; Herbert von Karajan as director; Robert Shaw as director; Dietrich Fisher-Dieskau as a soloist; Deutsche Grammophon label; Naxos label; etc.)

--Video Games--

::Nintendo::

A Nintendo (my roommate owns our current one and it will be gone once he gets married)

Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt

Super Mario Bros. 2

Tetris

The Legend of Zelda

The Legend of Zelda II: Link's Adventure

Bubble Bobble

::Super Nintendo::

Chrono Trigger

Secret of Mana

Final Fantasy II (IV in Japan)

Final Fantasy III (VI in Japan)

Super Mario RPG

Mario Kart

Mega Man X

Aladdin

The Addams Family

::Sega Genesis::

A Sega Genesis

ToeJam and Earl in Panic on Funkotron

Aladdin

Ecco the Dolphin

Quackshot

::Nintendo 64::

Conker's Bad Fur Day

Banjo-Tooie

::Playstation::

A Playstation

Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy VIII

Xenogears

Chrono Cross

Suikoden

Suikoden 2

Bushido Blade

Bushido Blade 2

Metal Gear Solid

Gran Turismo

Gran Turismo 2

Mega Man 8

::Nintendo GameCube::

A WaveBird Wireless Controller (up to three total, as I already have one and the system only has four ports)

Super Mario Sunshine

Mario Party 4-7

Crazy Taxi

::Playstation 2::

Two PS2 wireless controllers

Capcom vs. SNK 2

Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Ōkami

Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille zur Macht

Xenosaga Episode II: Jenseits von Gut und Böse

Xenosaga Episode III: Also sprach Zarathustra

::Nintendo Wii::

A Nintendo Wii

Rayman: Raving Rabbids

Boom Blox

Wii Play

Wii Sports

Wii Fit

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Worms: A Space Oddity

::XBOX 360::

An XBOX 360 (my roommate owns our current one and it will be gone once he gets married)

Assassin's Creed

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

Tetris Evolution

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Beautiful Katamari

Street Fighter IV

::Playstation 3::

A Playstation 3

LittleBigPlanet

Mirror's Edge

Final Fantasy XIII

::Nintendo DS::

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis

My French Coach

My Japanese Coach

New Super Mario Bros.

Super Dodgeball Brawlers

Tetris DS

::PC::

The Secret of Monkey Island

Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge

The Curse of Monkey Island

Myst III: Exile

Myst IV: Revelation

Myst V: End of Ages

Star Wars Episode I: Pod Racer

--Computer Software / Hardware--

::Software::

Photoshop 7 or above

Windows 7

--Movies--

Please refer to the IMDb list, but here are some highlighted ones...

The Dark Knight

Iron Man

King Ralph

Beauty and the Beast (1991, Platinum Edition)

The Teahouse of the August Moon (1956)

Much Ado About Nothing (1993)

Hamlet (1996, Kenneth Branagh)

Eddie Izzard: Glorious

--Practical/Miscellaneous Things--

Gift cards

Money

Swords

Clothes

- Shirt size = 36/37, 17½-18 collar, X-large (I prefer dress shirts / solid colors, without patterns)

- Pants size = 36 x 30-31 (I prefer slacks / solid, muted colors / usually black, white, tan, and beige)

Black leather bomber jacket

Djembe

Noise-cancelling headphones

Corded power drill (with phillips screwdriver bit, at least)

{EDIT} - I will edit this as things are gradually acquired.

(Updated 2-22-10)

(Updated 3-1-10) - I'm no longer going to keep this up to date...

I'll use the simpler template

T-Shirts: Adult Large

Music: Well, I like Rock, Hard Rock, Any kind of Metal, some Punk, and anything thats not Country or Rap. Not too picky about my music either.

Games: I have an xbox 360, a DS, and a tricked out gaming PC. I enjoy platformers and adventure/action games over FPS.

Games I already have for 360: Riddick, Gears of War, Crackdown, Ninja Gaiden 2, Halo 3, BlazBlue, and Star Ocean.

Games I have for PC: uuh...way too many. Every Blizzard game to date, DMC4, Fallout 3, Prototype, Neverwinter nights 1 and 2, all valve games to date, torchlight, trine, HoN, Aquaria, Bioshock, Unreal Tournament 2004 and 3, Dawn of War 1, Homeworld 2, Street Fighter 4, World of Goo, Plants vs Zombies, Peggle, Borderlands, and Assassins Creed. I think that covers all of those.

DS games: All the castlevanias, New Super Mario Bros., Children of Mana, Disgaea, Advance Wars:Dawn of Ruin, and Final Fantasy 4

TV/Movies: Not a big movie/TV guy. Big superhero action flicks are acceptable though.

Hobbies: Big reader when I get the chance, I also dink around with LEGO from time to time, but be warned, it's usually the big stuff nowadays. If it's under 600 pieces, it's too small. Big music listener and performer.

Other info: I like random stuff. If you find an awesome trinket, I'll probably love it to death if it looks cool. Indie music is also pretty awesome, though be warned I already own Varia Suite, Chronotorious, and most of zircon's released albums.

Wes this was a really good idea, it sounds like a lot of fun. I decided to pass on this after much internal debate, because I already have way too many projects and knowing me I'd probably get carried away and spend way too much time thinking of ideas, shopping around, or assembling a crazy craft. But looking at ppl's wish lists I'm starting to regret not having joined. Ah well, maybe next year...

T-Shirts (male/female): Adult Medium (tanktops is the same size...) Do not buy me OCR gear though because I already own the shirt, baseball jersey and hoodie.

Music: I love Electronic music the most, but I'm not into owning music CDs anymore unless it's video game soundtracks. I like to buy/own concert DVDs. I'm huge fans of Tiesto and Deadmau5 and U2. I already own all of their albums and 2 of Tiesto's concert DVDs which are "Elements of Life World Tour DVD" and "Tiesto in Concert 2 DVD" & 1 of U2's music DVD which is "Best of 1990-2000." There's also a lot of merchandise they sell on their websites like t-shirts, hats, etc.

Games: Jordan and I are strictly console/handheld gamers. We're not into PC games at all. We're also not Microsoft console lovers. My favorite is obviously RPG's. I own too many games to list... but Jordan & I are interested in getting Metroid Prime Trilogy, DJ Hero on the Wii, Wild Arms 4, Wild Arms 5, and more Wii Points.

TV/Movies: I LOVE TV box sets and movies. I'm into everything 'cept horror and crude humor. I also LOVE anime. Anything similar to Naruto, Bleach, Gurren-Lagann, Cowboy Bebop, etc are super awesome.

Hobbies: Best hobby to me other than said above is dining. I love Friday's, Panera Bread, Buffalo Wild Wings, Applebees, Outback Steakhouse, etc...Any of these places would rock as gift cards too. =)

Other info: NY Yankees World Series gear and anything related such as... (Castlevania, Contra, Bionic Commando, Sonic the Hedgehog, Transformers, X-men, Megaman, Megaman X, Final Fantasy, TMNT) at my favorite store Hot Topic. They sell shirts, hoodies, hats, messenger bags, gloves, etc to a few of the things I mentioned above.

GOOOOOOOOOOD LUCK to whoever has me. I'm not tough at all. =P

I suppose I'll throw in some general knowledge for whoever has me that might help provided they haven't already bought it. I already bought the gift for my person. I bought it the day I got the email I already had an idea what I was getting. Tee hee. Anyway:

No real wish list so I'll be general because I like surprises.

-Size small ( I already have an OCR shirt so that may not be wise)

-Anything lion related, stuffed animals, pictures, knickknacks etc.. (I collect them)

-Anything with a sense of humour behind it.

I'm not really that picky. Have fun whoever you are.

I'm gonna go by JMR's example as well:

T-Shirts: Adult Medium for a tight fit t-shirt, Adult Large for comfy or dressy shirts. I already have an OCR shirt, but clever nerd t-shirts would be fine.

Music: I pretty much have all I could want in terms of music, but if it comes down to it, I am missing one album that I'd love to get my hands on: Skoidats - The Times. Discs by Power Glove, Metroid Metal, etc. are also cool since I really don't own many of those.

Games: Don't have enough time to play what I already got, lol.

TV/Movies: I'm a horror fanatic, and do own a PS3 so blu-ray is all good. I'm a huge fan of foreign horror and zombie movies.

Other info: Any present would be enough as I'm pretty content with things at the moment. My biggest wants would be additional stuff for music-making and guitar accessories. You can never have too many sets of spare strings: I use DR Red Devil Lite (09 gauge) for my electrics, and D'Addario EXP26 Custom Lite (11 gauge) for my acoustics. I'm also in the market for 2 new boom mic stands, just something functional for recordings, nothing too fancy. I use Cakewalk Sonar 8.5 with Addictive Drums and Ultra Analog, with a Pod XT for all guitar sounds, so any cool VST plugins/virtual instruments/samplers for making rock or electronic music/remixes would be cool as well. This is just me throwing stuff out there in terms of things I'm looking for, since I can't think of anything I'd really REALLY want.

Fun times.

Past secret santa gifts: One year I got a homemade plush Cactuar. Another year I got a Wii game. Both were awesome gifts. Unfortunately, I couldn't tell you what I got other people those years.

Things you should probably avoid getting me: movies, clothing, or anything that is too over-the-top nerdy. I embrace my hobbies, but I also like to display them in good taste. If you are absolutely uncreative, ask the people who play TF2 what you should get me. :<

Xbox360 Live 1600 points (amazon card version - $19.64)

I need microphone boom stands!

Call of Duty 4 Xbox360

Clarke Celtic Tin Whistle - Key of D $13.91

Deluxe Zelda Ocarina Flute "Sweet Potato" - BLUE $8.99

Xbox360 LIVE Gold 13 month card runs out on December 13th...

A home-made plush Cactuar would be nice

A date with a beautiful girl.. might cost more than $20 :o

I'm trying to mic a drumkit with 4 microphones... if you magically happen to have "hand me down" small drumkit mics, that would be awesome

T-Shirts: Adult Large. I can wear a medium up until I shrink it in the wash.:|

Game merch: l4d2/tf2/portal related merch (see valve store) are always awesome.

TV/Movies: metalocalypse and venture brothers come to mind, been meaning to pick those up for a while now. I know deepdiscount.com has VB seasons fairly cheap right now. I have a BR player, if that helps. hell, I have an HD-DVD player too:<

Other info: Easily amused by nerdy things, be it programmer humor shirts, retro game themed ice trays, or binary clocks, I'm not hard to amuse. Think Geek has an 'under XXX' section to help filter gift ideas.

T-shirt size: Adult Large

Music: Anything classical is fine and I don't own enough of it (no Mozart though please :P). If you'd like to help OCR artists out instead, that's just fine -- be aware that I have sgx's Hero of the Grey Area, and all of the Aversa's music except Mass Media Constant.

Games: I own a 360 and a Wii, in addition to a fairly good gaming PC. I'd love to get Wii Points, though MS Points are fine also (and will be happily put to good use). The "big" games of the season I have no plans to acquire in the immediate future but want anyway are Borderlands and Assassin's Creed II, both for 360. The only Wii game I really want at the moment that I don't already own is Muramasa: The Demon Blade -- it'd be totally badass if somebody mailed me this.

Movies: We just bought "Up", but any of the other big releases (especially Star Trek) would be great. DVD only, as we have no Blu-ray player. Seasons of Stargate SG-1 would also be very welcome.

Books: I'd like to get "Empire" by Orson Scott Card sometime, as well as The Ghost King, by RA Salvatore. Actually, except for "The Orc King" and "The Pirate King", I don't own any of the Drizzt novels past the original 13 (in the "Legend of Drizzt" series, which I own all of). Anything that's quality along fantasy / science fiction lines is welcome though (I own all of Weis/Hickman's Dragonlance series though, so be aware).

T-shirt: size XL.

Systems: XBOX 360, PC, everything Nintendo.

I really like random video game themed stuff. I especially need a video game themed keychain. Figurines, posters and the like are really cool, too. You could also go with video game T-shirts, although I have a bunch of random ones since I work at GameStop.

I definitely don't need anything expensive. Small, silly video game knick knacks would be awesome.

OMG!!! I got Sixto Sounds as my Secret Santa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We just got home from lunch and there was a note from UPS on the door that they left our package on the Patio. Jordan asked, "Is this something I'm supposed to know about?" and I'm like, "Uh...no... I didn't order anything?"

So I opened the box and looked at the note inside...and when I saw Juan from Texas, I screamed from the top of my lungs. hahahahaha TOTALLY unexpected for meeeeeee.... I opened the nicely wrapped present and it was DJ HERO FOR THE WII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU SIXTO!!!!! You made our Christmas.... We actually can't buy any gifts for each other this Christmas because of several reasons....so this made our holiday. T_T You rock man!

OMG!!! I got Sixto Sounds as my Secret Santa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We just got home from lunch and there was a note from UPS on the door that they left our package on the Patio. Jordan asked, "Is this something I'm supposed to know about?" and I'm like, "Uh...no... I didn't order anything?"

So I opened the box and looked at the note inside...and when I saw Juan from Texas, I screamed from the top of my lungs. hahahahaha TOTALLY unexpected for meeeeeee.... I opened the nicely wrapped present and it was DJ HERO FOR THE WII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU SIXTO!!!!! You made our Christmas.... We actually can't buy any gifts for each other this Christmas because of several reasons....so this made our holiday. T_T You rock man!

Aw, man, Sixto. Making us look bad by being all early and awesome... :P

Woowow... I didn't realize we were supposed to buy super expensive gifts like a DJ Hero... I'm starting to feel like Jim with the teapot while Michael gives out the iPod :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgohZtd558Q

I wouldn't worry about it. There are several of us that can't afford to put a lot of money into this. Thought, yes, but not necessarily $$. This is an early warning for whoever I got^^