PRC158 - Results Are in: It's A Me in a Lifeforce RPG (Super Mario RPG or Lifeforce)

Bundeslang

Welcome to A New Season from PRC

The People's Remix Competition 158

PRCv7-02

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

The songs:

Showroom Dummy - Squared Black Hole

Obtuse - Distant Galaxy

Just64helpin - Forced Perspective

After the first slow round, we have now more sources as entries in the last round. OneUp, as winner from PRC158, and Diotrans, winner from PRC156, both submitted a source.

This means if you don't like one source, you can select the second one. Last round OneUp won by default (with a nice remix), now I want to see more competition with more entries.

PRC Classic of the two weeks

The classic of this round is PRC15. It's been a long time ago since Jeremy Robson won this round. The source was Mushroom Kingdom from Super Mario RPG. 6 Remixers submitted a song including one Bonus Mix from Azar. The Orchicalcon, one of the legends from PRC and ORC, took the last place.

Chockster37 and Bladiator ended fourth and third. Reactor Zer0 entered that round as well, claiming second place. The victory was for Jeremy Robson wih The Mushroom Wedding.

This rounds source

This round, we have two sources. One from Diotrans and one from OneUp.

I was pretty much decided on what source to choose as soon as I realized I needed to choose one .p I pick... Monstro Town from Super Mario RPG!

I hope it's a good one and ppl like it ^_^;

I've chosen stage 2 from one of the greatest NES games: Life Force (or Salamander). This wonderful tune hasn't been remixed here yet, so it's definitely time now. Make me proud!

PRC158.JPG

Super Mario RPG (SNES) - Monstro Town

AND

Lifeforce (NES) - Stage 2

Source 1: Super Mario RPG

MIDI

Source 2: Lifeforce

MIDI

NSF

ThaSauce link

It's Super Mario RPG and Lifeforce. Super Mario RPG has been done before in PRC15 (like stated) and also recently in PRC154.

Hylian Lemon was the winner from that round. Lifeforce didn't have a PRC history.

Both sources look interesting. I'm sure you will like at least one of them. Of course it's allowed (and encouraged) to remix both sources in one song. It was a rule before.

GOOD LUCK!

Fine Print:

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by SUNDAY November 29th at 10:59 am ThaSauce time (Check my signature (below) and the ThaSauce page for the exact time left. .
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  7. The winner of the previous contest can take part this time, but he/she must remix the other source (the one she/he didn''t select). Vote will only be doubled if he/she doesn't enter.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

Welcome to the voting stage

The deadline has passed, you can't submit a song anymore. If you want to add a Bonus Track, just post it in this thread.

With two sources, the remixers could remix which source they like the best. Showroom Dummy was the first to submit a song. Obtuse starts his PRC carreer and also Just64helpin submitted a remix. All of them decided to remix the Lifeforce source.

It's time to vote. Participants are encouraged tot vote because they receive an added first place. They aren't allowed to vote for themselve. As winners from the last two PRCs, both Diotrans and OneUp have a vote that counts twice.

The mixing stage is over. To vote, you should do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to third.

- State a reasoning for it.

You have until NEXT Tuesday, December 1st at 10:59 am ThaSauce time to vote, check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner will get to choose the source tune for PRC159 which is going to start Friday.

The songs:

Showroom Dummy - Squared Black Hole

Obtuse - Distant Galaxy

Just64helpin - Forced Perspective

It's results time.

The first round with competition is over. With 3 songs and 5 voters, you can say this is a 'normal' PRC round.

None of the remixers decided to not claim the 3 bonus points, which is a good thing.

Total number of mixes - 3

Total number of votes - 5

Maximum Score - 15

Minimum Score - 7 (with voting)

Just64helpin received 9 points, more as the minimum 7, but still he has to take the last place wooden spoon.

Obtuse starts his first PRC with a good second place with 11 points.

And the winner of PRC158 is Showroom Dummy with 13 points!

Congratulations Showroom Dummy, you are voted up to the first place. Obtuse was very close, and Just64helpin wasn't far off. Still, your song received the most points.

Showroom Dummy, you may select the source for PRC159. Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file if you can) by PM before next Friday, December 4th at 11:59 am Eastern US Time. PRC159 could start a little later, but I try to have it started next Friday.

The winner of PRC157 may select a source as well.

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/bambombimremixcompetitienl

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc

I believe you forgot the third place (according to the comment you gave, it's a little mistake). I'll add that point myself, since you can't edit your vote.

Ahh, I had seen something in the post about leaving the third box blank so I'd thought the voting system had changed up in the time I've been out...guess I just read it wrong. xD