OCR00413 - Mega Man "Set Me Up the Bomb Man"

Ginnsu

Mega Man 'Set Me Up the Bomb Man'

Someone give me a controller, I want to play some Mega Man. Mute the TV and put this on the stereo. Yes! That’s what I’m talking about. In case you haven’t already noticed, I suppose I should let you in on a little secret: I love this mix. The thing that gets me into the groove with this one is that bass line. It sounds like the authentic NES bass enough to bring back the memories of those old games (not that I ever played Mega Man in particular), while still adding enough sweet electronic spunk to make me want to dance. And by the way, it also hops into some awesome piano inserts a couple times, just to spice things up.

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It has a very good sound to it, and I never get tired of it. Although I don't listen to it more than once at a time.

Still, I actually didn't notice this remix until just yesterday, when I stumbled upon this thread. Thanks guys. :)

Overall, I'd give this nice piece of work a 4.5/5. MegaMan fans should be pleased.

• 6 months later...

Bombman was always one of my favorite stage themes in the whole Megaman series, and Injury's done the tune great justice with her remix. I've ended up listening to the tune for a good 10 minutes straight without even realizing it. This is the kind of stuff I look for in remixes: songs that hold true to the original tune. Great, great work!

• 1 month later...

This song like with so many of the Megaman remixes here is one I like to listen to multiple times. And what ginssu said in his post from so long ago, I might try whenever I play any Megaman game. :D The only thing that freaks me out about the song is the choice of title. Anyways Injury definately shows her musical prowess with this track. I give it 4 stars.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Clever name. :-)

The synths used were pretty fat and mixing overall was decent; though i'd prefer the percussion to have a bit more bite, specifically the kick. The hats were a little too robotic for me as well.

Arrangement was pretty basic, without a ton of expansion, but there are sufficient breakdowns and instrumentation to give this one it's own identity.

I did enjoy the mix but would have preferred a bit more arrangement.

• 6 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Some of the synths put me in mind of other Robot Master stages, e.g. the ever-modulated buzzy bass (beefy like Guts Man's rocky terrain) and the pseudo-organ at 0:16 (delineating tall heights not unlike Cut Man's tower level). Each piano segue feels light and airy, if just a bit too contrasting with the preceding activity (but I like how the percussion helps guide the way back). A fairly solid A-B-C-ish structure is adhered to throughout, which makes the low-key interpretation at 2:40 feel more than welcome. (Would've enjoyed hearing more sections like that.)

Not bad, not superb, and of course it can't be faulted for referencing the All Your Base craze in its title. :P

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00413 - Mega Man "Set Me Up the Bomb Man"